Arturia Microbrute

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

nicoodiy
Learning to Wiggle

Post by nicoodiy » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:41 am

Just a quick done mod :

Adding an hardware Midi Output on Microbrute :

First open Microbrute :

Demonstrate dexterity :

Wire Yellow : DIN pin 5 on LPC2361 pin 82
Wire Red : DIN pin 4 on 3.3V with 100R in serial
Wire Black : DIN pin 2 on ground

And this is it :banana:

Now you have to find place to put the DIN connector in the case, and it is not easy!

urbanscallywag
Ultra Wiggler

Post by urbanscallywag » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:02 pm

Nice work! :tu:
Erthenvar | PulpLogic Modules | Erthenvar Modules | Euro Accessories | 1U Tiles

mckenic

Post by mckenic » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:35 pm

WICKED!!!

Nicoodiy - if I could ask please mate... How is the keybed attached? I might be able to sort my mis-triggering c# just by opening her!

Thank you!

yetee
Learning to Wiggle

patch template

Post by yetee » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:15 pm

hey guys, I am building a site to share patches, currently the UI is working, so you could technically use it with screen grabs. Just started making it yesterday so it is a work in progress, let me know if you have any suggestions http://www.bradyjacobsen.com/microbrute

mckenic

Post by mckenic » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:47 am

Hey that is a GREAT idea!!!

It might be just me (and my short sighted left eye, long sighted right), if I had a tiny suggestion... the colours are a little hard on the eye?

Hope you dont mind me saying! But I LOVE the idea - thank you!!!

horstronic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: patch template

Post by horstronic » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:39 am

yetee wrote:hey guys, I am building a site to share patches, currently the UI is working, so you could technically use it with screen grabs. Just started making it yesterday so it is a work in progress, let me know if you have any suggestions http://www.bradyjacobsen.com/microbrute
Wow, great idea!

spinach_pizza
knobs . . . knobs . . . KNOBS!

Post by spinach_pizza » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:50 am

mckenic wrote:WICKED!!!

Nicoodiy - if I could ask please mate... How is the keybed attached? I might be able to sort my mis-triggering c# just by opening her!

Thank you!
I'd like to know this too...I just got one and love it, only the low D key does not work and the F# key just above it is intermittent/sluggish. I REALLY don't want to mess with sending it back if I can help it!!!

tim gueguen
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tim gueguen » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:30 pm

I got a chance to poke around with one in the local Long and McQuade for a few minutes today, so if you're a Canadian looking for one they may have turned up in other L&Ms. Like the Microkorg and a couple of other recent minikey things I've encountered I don't think the keybed feels as good as my ancient old Realistic Concertmate 500, aka Casio SK1. Still, I'd love to get my hands on one, and that price it's a bit more likely than say a Minibrute or a Bass Station II.

They also had a Volca Keys, although that was still in the box. Interesting, because Moog audio still has it listed as pre-order, and Tom Lee Music on the West Coast doesn't appear to have any in stock yet.

Howling Terror
Wiggling with Experience

New to forum

Post by Howling Terror » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:28 am

Hello, first post here and hoping to go modular in the near future.
Thought I'd best get a CV keyboard, the microbrute seems to fit the bill.

I've had it hooked upto a Tempest and the audio from a XoXbox running through it....Quite addictive.

Figures
Common Wiggler

Post by Figures » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:28 pm

Just got one, couldnt resist as I miss my long gone SH101 sequencer, great value, initially liking it for mid frequency sounds, needs a fairly hot signal to drive the sequencer via gate on mine.

radiokoala
must. build. jacuzzi

Re: New to forum

Post by radiokoala » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:11 pm

Howling Terror wrote:Hello, first post here and hoping to go modular in the near future.

I've had it hooked upto a Tempest and the audio from a XoXbox running through it....Quite addictive.
Wow, it looks so small on this photo, and in a really cute way :love: Great twirly cable too :tu:
Witness 60 minutes of audio-visual industrial psy-techno
jam-offering (and press like so this wipes away minecraft
videos clean from the trends and we get to see
some proper rave action there, FINALLY):

/ My electro-rap debut!! (video)
/ Analog & modular videos
:smoke:

mckenic

Post by mckenic » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:03 am

Sorry for cross-posting (and moaning about it but)...

Anyone have an idea what Arturia support is like? Ive not used them before but have a 'ticket' in for my non working lowest C# key issue (and dodgy mini cables). I know its the New Year etc so they might be away but I have a link to a FogBugz (whatever that is) site with my ticket status - cant open the bloody thing and heard nothing back directly yet... when I log-in to the website it shows I have no pending tech support questions :waah:

Carci
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Carci » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:20 am

I bought one.

Very compact, rather sturdy.
I used the CV out and the sequencer to drive VCOs in the modular, tracking perfectly.
Used the LFO as a clock in sync with the sequencer, it worked.

So far, really happy with it.
FS : Doepfer MCV24 - Eowave Ringobug

Aerond
Common Wiggler

Post by Aerond » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:05 am

mckenic wrote:Sorry for cross-posting (and moaning about it but)...

Anyone have an idea what Arturia support is like? Ive not used them before but have a 'ticket' in for my non working lowest C# key issue (and dodgy mini cables). I know its the New Year etc so they might be away but I have a link to a FogBugz (whatever that is) site with my ticket status - cant open the bloody thing and heard nothing back directly yet... when I log-in to the website it shows I have no pending tech support questions :waah:
In one word; Terrible

Tried to asked for a replacement on a fader cap for my Analogue Laboratory keyboard a few times and never got a definite answer :mad: :mad: :mad:

mckenic

Post by mckenic » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:16 am

Ack!

Bollox!

rh2y
Common Wiggler

Got mine!

Post by rh2y » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:53 am

After agonizing over whether or not to get a MicroBrute, I finally broke down and bought one last night at the local Guitar Center. They were able to give me $15 off because the only one they had left was the display model. I checked it over thoroughly; everything works, so I brought it home.

I have to say, I mostly wanted one solely as a front-end to my modular, to allow playing my modular with keys and Midi -> CV, but the MicroBrute is a great synth in it's own right also!

Luckily, it's tiny enough that I can use a digital camera as my patch librarian!

I'll try to post my findings as I experiment more with interfacing it to the modular. So far, I've used the Gate, CV, and Envelope outs to control my Eurorack with no issues whatsoever. The pitch tracking is dead-on, including the pitch bend from the pitch wheel on the keyboard. The gate out triggers my Strike input on the MakeNoise DPO just fine; haven't tried it yet on my EG03 envelope generator, but I suspect it will work there as well.

Anyway, here's a MicroBrute patch I came up with in my noodlings last night. Sort of a synthetic orchestral bass stab. I like it!

:bacon:

primvla
1-Post Wiggler

Post by primvla » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:40 am

oi!

I quickly made a simple LFO generator for android devices (following the iOS example) I can use with my microbrute. Since I can only squeeze a little more than 0.3 volts out of my phone (covers about a fifth when routed to pitch on full 'volume'), I didn't bother with graphical design and ergonomy at all. However, it's kind of usefull, well maybe not so much for you modular guys. Just two waveforms (that are missing on MB): sine wave and random values (some sort of sample&hold functionality or noise).

You can get it here or search for "microbrute lfo" in google play.

have fun!
p.

ollebergkvist
Common Wiggler

Post by ollebergkvist » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:57 am

cool patch

computer controlled
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by computer controlled » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:41 pm

Anyone successfully find a way to trigger their MB sequencer via a voice on a TR-505? I can't get it to work. I'm guessing the sounds aren't hot enough.
Stuff: TR-8S . MX-1 . Waldorf MicroQ . Ensoniq ESQ-1 x2 . Ensoniq EPS 16+ . Ensoniq VFX-SD . Yamaha MODX6 . DX7 . TX802 . SPX900 . MPC Live . RE-303 . Behringer Neutron . Behringer MS-101 . Behringer Pro-1 . Behringer K-2 . Behringer TD-3 . Behringer RD-6 . E-mu Emax II . PCM 41 . BeatStep Pro . Keystep . SQ-64

Xmit
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Xmit » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:22 am

Does thr 505 not have a trig (rim shot ) out ? My 626 does ...

computer controlled
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by computer controlled » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:07 am

No it doesn't. Makes me wish i would have kept the 626.
Stuff: TR-8S . MX-1 . Waldorf MicroQ . Ensoniq ESQ-1 x2 . Ensoniq EPS 16+ . Ensoniq VFX-SD . Yamaha MODX6 . DX7 . TX802 . SPX900 . MPC Live . RE-303 . Behringer Neutron . Behringer MS-101 . Behringer Pro-1 . Behringer K-2 . Behringer TD-3 . Behringer RD-6 . E-mu Emax II . PCM 41 . BeatStep Pro . Keystep . SQ-64

computer controlled
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by computer controlled » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:36 am

Recorded earlier tonight.

BD909
Octatrack
Microbrute

http://tweakcollective.com/mp3/new/comp ... ndScan.mp3

fortunato
Learning to Wiggle

Post by fortunato » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:45 pm

nicoodiy wrote: Image

Wire Yellow : DIN pin 5 on LPC2361 pin 82
Wire Red : DIN pin 4 on 3.3V with 100R in serial
Wire Black : DIN pin 2 on ground
amazing man, thanks a lot for this. midi out is the only thing i'm missing on this little synth to be my perfect travel companion.
just a noob question to be sure, by "yellow wire" you mean the yellow plus green cables no?

kisielk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: New to forum

Post by kisielk » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:16 am

Howling Terror wrote:Hello, first post here and hoping to go modular in the near future.

Not sure if you are aware, but if you download the software from the Arturia website you can change some settings on the sequencer. Once of the settings is to run the sequence continuously when you enter play mode, instead of having to wedge the key down :)

r05c03
Ultra Wiggler

Post by r05c03 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:44 am

Still no source of other DIY tricks anywhere? I would really like to be able to tap directly into the various wave shapes directly with each having its own out…possible?
Gear List: Elektron Octatrack, Elektron A4,Microbrute, Bass Station, Rings Braids, Pitts Ring Mod, Pitts Osc, Echophon, Intillegel uFold / uMIDI, PNW2, Doepfer 138-c, 119, Tiptop Z4000, Maleko Fade / 8NU8R

Return to “General Gear”