BEMI offering huge discounts on Buchla 200e modules

Buchla, Serge, Studio.h, Northern Light Modular, Keen Assoc., 1979, Vedic Scapes, etc. Banana systems
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..
anselmi
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by anselmi »

I asked the B-Boys to add the 292e to the promo prices
It´s the quintessential Buchla module, can´t be out of the sale!

This way we can assemble complete systems in one stroke...I know there´s a lot of wigglers in the same situation

C´mon BEMI make it a complete party! :party: :party: :party:
SOFTWIRE
Veteran Wiggler

Post by SOFTWIRE »

does any one know if modules/easels are being assembled in Grants Pass now or is it still in berkley?
DrOctave
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by DrOctave »

i need another 292 but i cant afford it right now ... lol
It's beter to have cords and not need them than to need them and not have them.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DrOctave1?feature=mhum
Slabwax
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Slabwax »

SOFTWIRE wrote:does any one know if modules/easels are being assembled in Grants Pass now or is it still in berkley?

I've been told Grants Pass for the Easels any ways.
legionhwp
Veteran Wiggler

Post by legionhwp »

Well, to be fair you can order and buy a 292e easily enough. It's just not "on sale".

Perhaps that was intentional. Everyone wants that one and it's one of the (relatively) lower priced modules to start with.

Not directed at this poster but given the struggles and costs 200e owners had to go through only a few years ago and the updates, new modules, and now cut price fire sales I think folks should be thankful with what BEMI is offering, not demanding more and complaining about them not doing this or that with the sale or it's announcement. I'm sure some people will not be satisfied with the shipping times and communication of these sale items but when you look at the 200e historically, these are not bad times at all...
anselmi wrote:I asked the B-Boys to add the 292e to the promo prices
It´s the quintessential Buchla module, can´t be out of the sale!

This way we can assemble complete systems in one stroke...I know there´s a lot of wigglers in the same situation

C´mon BEMI make it a complete party! :party: :party: :party:
Making the Extraordinary from the Ordinary
Creative Electronic Instruments and Art:
Http://DAEDSound.com

Streaming and Downloadable Organic Electronic Music From the Past 20 Years:

Http://DavidTalento.Bandcamp.com
Gringo Starr
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Gringo Starr »

I agree. Take the Easel frustration out of the equation and there's nothing to complain about IMO. This has been a great thing and I really think it's cool and smart of them to do this. They know modular users are an addictive bunch. Get a bunch of newbies in and over the next few years everyone will be paying full price to expand. Smart move.
Paul Di'Anno > Bruce Dickinson.

Some writers confuse authenticity, which they ought always to aim at, with originality, which they should never bother about - W.H. Auden
anselmi
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by anselmi »

did the euro sales rised in the "for sale/trade" section? I think this sale shpuld fired a lot of "clean house" procedures
beta
Learning to Wiggle

Post by beta »

Surprised only a few people seem to be noticing the obvious...
Still waiting to hear back but have to admit to growing reservations. I think it's kinda strange that there are basically 2 production easels in the wild and then this big sale to bring some cash in. Makes me think they might have very little cash on hand and any modules that aren't already made would be a robbing Peter to pay Paul situation.
Despite all the full payments requested it would appear there are really only two easels out there, one of which was for the person making the manual. And now with modules/systems at roughly 60% off (plus changing the terms of sale to include ANY order) I can't help but be reminded of the good old, 'if it sounds too good to be true...'

Very curious to see how this all plays out.
dkcg
I pity the fool w/o enough VCAs

Post by dkcg »

beta wrote:Surprised only a few people seem to be noticing the obvious...
Still waiting to hear back but have to admit to growing reservations. I think it's kinda strange that there are basically 2 production easels in the wild and then this big sale to bring some cash in. Makes me think they might have very little cash on hand and any modules that aren't already made would be a robbing Peter to pay Paul situation.
Despite all the full payments requested it would appear there are really only two easels out there, one of which was for the person making the manual. And now with modules/systems at roughly 60% off (plus changing the terms of sale to include ANY order) I can't help but be reminded of the good old, 'if it sounds too good to be true...'

Very curious to see how this all plays out.
They could easily be beta test machines to work out any kinks.
I would think that future users would be happy that there are a couple out in the wild being put through their paces before making a couple hundred ones that would need to be recalled or not quite right.
milkyjoe
Ultra Wiggler

Post by milkyjoe »

Well I must be the only one not happy with the "customer support".

I saw this sale as soon as it went up on the buchla site and imediately respnded with an order. The only response i have gotten is from Laurie saying she can not process my order because i have not sent her my "info". The thing is, i have sent the info they request over and over, at least 3 times since last Wednesday and they still will not tell me if the modules i ordered are in stock or not(even though they surely were in stock at the time i ordered them).
They just will not answer any of my questions.

If i have to wait an indefinite amount of time for the modules to be manufactured, then i am not going through with this.

So far, this has been stressfull and no fun at all.
In my situation, I find the way they are being to be very strange to say the least... :deadbanana:
anselmi
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by anselmi »

milkyjoe wrote:Well I must be the only one not happy with the "customer support".

I saw this sale as soon as it went up on the buchla site and imediately respnded with an order. The only response i have gotten is from Laurie saying she can not process my order because i have not sent her my "info". The thing is, i have sent the info they request over and over, at least 3 times since last Wednesday and they still will not tell me if the modules i ordered are in stock or not(even though they surely were in stock at the time i ordered them).
They just will not answer any of my questions.

If i have to wait an indefinite amount of time for the modules to be manufactured, then i am not going through with this.

So far, this has been stressfull and no fun at all.
In my situation, I find the way they are being to be very strange to say the least... :deadbanana:

same situation here...well, at least it´s not just me! :mrgreen:

I think Laurie will hate me and my avalanch of mails but since there is a deadline I don´t want to take the risk of just wait and see
dkcg
I pity the fool w/o enough VCAs

Post by dkcg »

milkyjoe wrote: If i have to wait an indefinite amount of time for the modules to be manufactured, then i am not going through with this.
If you look at the indefinite schedule of the easel, and the pre-BEMI sales that usually took 6 months to a year, I think you might be setting yourself up for disappointment if you want to purchase a 200e system and have it within a week or two.
Arcade Sinusoid
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Arcade Sinusoid »

From my experience getting into the Buchla world requires patience :zen:
milkyjoe
Ultra Wiggler

Post by milkyjoe »

Yeah I know it's true i need better patience.

I verified my order and info to Alex on the phone days ago and thought it was taken care of.He then said the 3 modules i ordered were currently in stock. But then I've not heard back except from Laurie who seemed to have my order confused or couldn't find it or something. I just wish i had an idea so i know when to be in town or at home. It kind of puts plans and money on hold...

I already have a 292e from muffs and a synovatron CVGT1, but those are useless without my oder containing the powered boat.

Just venting i guess, i'll shut up now :confused:
DrOctave
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by DrOctave »

imagine this correspondence all had to be done via regular usps mail service.
How would you be acting?
Arcade Sinusoid
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Arcade Sinusoid »

milkyjoe wrote:Yeah I know it's true i need better patience.

I verified my order and info to Alex on the phone days ago and thought it was taken care of.He then said the 3 modules i ordered were currently in stock. But then I've not heard back except from Laurie who seemed to have my order confused or couldn't find it or something. I just wish i had an idea so i know when to be in town or at home. It kind of puts plans and money on hold...

I already have a 292e from muffs and a synovatron CVGT1, but those are useless without my oder containing the powered boat.

Just venting i guess, i'll shut up now :confused:
Understood. I've waited months sometimes. But it's well worth it :guinness:
milkyjoe
Ultra Wiggler

Post by milkyjoe »

Point taken. Yes, pre-internet days it would have been more difficult to order anything. Thanks.

I definitely hope it all goes through. It may be the only chance i get to try buchla. I'll try to be more positive and patient.
DrOctave
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by DrOctave »

I have always been an ants in the pants, hurry hurry, faster faster, ocd and what ever you wanna toss at me kinda guy. The one thing modulars have taught me is patients for waiting for modules. some come in 2 -3 days some take months. Shit blank panels sometimes take 6 months to get even a year. But just think of the joy you will have when you open that box. As they say good things come to those who wait.

Stay on the sunny side.
stega
Wiggling with Experience

Post by stega »

Yea I dont get this modules in stock argument. When I ordered my full system at full price I waited several months... So I would just be happy to be getting these prices and chill out.
milkyjoe
Ultra Wiggler

Post by milkyjoe »

Hey stega, why do you not understand that i ordered the modules because i was told they are in stock AND on sale at the time of ordering them? If i ever hear back from them but then they are out of stock, i won't bother.

Don't accuse me of arguing. It seems like you are jumping on my case.
Why ?
Gringo Starr
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Gringo Starr »

I've been following this thread. For anyone who placed an order before midnight tonight then your order will be fulfilled. Regardless of whether you've heard from them or not. If you sent the email then you're in. That's what it sounded like anyway. Good luck everyone. :-)
Paul Di'Anno > Bruce Dickinson.

Some writers confuse authenticity, which they ought always to aim at, with originality, which they should never bother about - W.H. Auden
komputerbrown
Common Wiggler

Post by komputerbrown »

i sent the order-email and then a reminder asking for confirmation, like many others have i guess...

haven't heard back yet

but i suppose we should be able to trust BEMI on every order being fulfilled since they're posting in this thread and all.

exciting times!

i thought i would never be able to get a 296e =)

Post by corkyburger »

When I ordered my system last year I emailed and then didn't hear anything for a while. I called and spoke to Don (purely by chance) and realised pretty quickly I was dealing with wizards (who make magic, but sometimes aren't very organised) rather than pen pushers (who generally have little to do with magic but are often quite organised). now I won't lie, I had my moments of frustration whilst waiting for my order to be confirmed, but in the end I had to give in and accept its the way it is. In this day and age where everyone is used to instant gratification, it's sometimes hard to adapt to the old ways!
Ƶl8®
Common Wiggler

Post by Ƶl8® »

komputerbrown wrote:i sent the order-email and then a reminder asking for confirmation, like many others have i guess...

haven't heard back yet
Maybe because there also is hundreds of mails asking for order confirmation :mrgreen:
BEMI
Learning to Wiggle

Post by BEMI »

Hi All
Just another update..
As we previously stated, we will honor EVERY Order that has been placed within the 200e Celebration.
Our existing stock prior to the 200e Celebration was exhausted within a few short hours, so we are busy building more stock to fulfill ALL orders.
This will take some time, so please be patient with us. :help:
Our team in charge of administering your 200e orders are having a breakdown :doh: , but Laurie and the team are doing all they can and we will get to you all with replies.

We are NOT trying to annoy or upset anyone. We love you all :love:
We are doing EVERYTHING WE CAN to please our loyal community and we are working feverishly to get YOUR 200e orders, Easel's and systems delivered.
We are dealing with all developments in a way to move forward quickly and for the benefit of you and BEMI together. We want YOU to get your 200e orders, YOUR Easel's and YOUR systems, and we want to develop new and exciting instruments and products.
Since the BEMI beginning, we have had so many obstacles to overcome, and we continue to surge :hihi: ahead. One day we will write a book and you can read all about it... :bang:
We just want to give you the message that EVERYTHING has a reason, and BEMI is trying to do everything in the correct manner for the sake of our mutual passion - the legacy and future of Buchla products and its innovation.
If we are delayed on a particular product or products, there is a legitimate reason or reasons. We will share EVERYTHING with you that we can, and in turn, we must gain your trust along the way, so you can trust that we are doing all we can.
So apologies for the long post. We assure you your orders will be fulfilled for all your 200e and your Easel's, and we will update you in the next week on both situations.
We understand we can not please everyone, and people will still have their theories of BEMI being the Evil Dark side :evil: and plotting to make things difficult, however all we can say is that we will work harder to prove these wrong.

Faithfully and in appreciation, the Buchla team

You can always contact lewis@buchla.com or john@buchla.com if you would like to chat and express your interests or concerns and we will do everything to make you feel warm and fuzzy. :love:

Return to “4U Format Modules + EMS”