FENIX XL

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford

Post Reply
User avatar
rasseru
Underwater Wiggler
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:16 pm
Location: london

Post by rasseru »

now thats a synth made for real men :lol:
User avatar
SunSpots
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:04 pm
Location: Northern California

Post by SunSpots »

Great, another small run amazing modular i cant buy. Just add it to the list of modulars i cant have.

Ss
User avatar
Electronic Battle
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:36 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by Electronic Battle »

A small update from Bert: I emailed him earlier today to see how he was doing and he said I could post the info in his reply here.

1) I asked "Have you sent any FII or FIII units to people in group 1 yet?"

And Bert said
"Progress is still too slow, I am delivering now the units of group 3 and i have started the production of group 4"

2) I asked"How do you see the timescales now for people in later groups?"

And Bert said
"I hope to get an estimate planning end of August. Maybe group 6 beginning of September"

3) I asked "Have you had any problems or found any interesting new things with the instruments?"

And Bert said
"The only real problem i found are it cost much more time to assemble and test and i found an ic which in some cases became unstable. I have replaced this and it is now fine".

Best wishes all
User avatar
vassili
Common Wiggler
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:40 pm
Location: Paris
Contact:

Post by vassili »

Electronic Battle wrote:A small update from Bert: I emailed him earlier today to see how he was doing and he said I could post the info in his reply here.

1) I asked "Have you sent any FII or FIII units to people in group 1 yet?"

And Bert said
"Progress is still too slow, I am delivering now the units of group 3 and i have started the production of group 4"

2) I asked"How do you see the timescales now for people in later groups?"

And Bert said
"I hope to get an estimate planning end of August. Maybe group 6 beginning of September"

3) I asked "Have you had any problems or found any interesting new things with the instruments?"

And Bert said
"The only real problem i found are it cost much more time to assemble and test and i found an ic which in some cases became unstable. I have replaced this and it is now fine".

Best wishes all

Thanks!
User avatar
Electronic Battle
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:36 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by Electronic Battle »

what this thread really needs at the moment is a review from someone in receipt of their FII or FIII ... anyone in groups one or two or three, in that case.
skkatter
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:35 am
Location: Dublin

Post by skkatter »

I'm in group 5 for the II+III. I'll review the be-jesus out of it when I get it and post constant photos and videos to this thread until you all want to kill me.
User avatar
vassili
Common Wiggler
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:40 pm
Location: Paris
Contact:

Post by vassili »

[video][/video]
User avatar
Reese P. Dubin
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1438
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:33 pm
Location: Absolute Elsewhere

Post by Reese P. Dubin »

Holy smokes the first one cant do that!!
User avatar
SMS303
Tha BABELFISH Wiggler...
Posts: 921
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:08 pm
Location: EU-NL, Rotterdam

Post by SMS303 »

Within 2 weeks Jena will have his Fenix II + III set ...
------------> Jaime Murray does Capua...... ------------------------------------------>
User avatar
Electronic Battle
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:36 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by Electronic Battle »

I hope someone can do a demo of the 3VCOs being phase locked to one another and varying the sync depth - what with the included phaser and some reverb, it should sound pretty impressive.

In fact, I expect the demos that someone knocks up in five minutes will be better than my hours of best endeavour. Nothing new there then!
User avatar
hellohihowareyou
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:52 pm

Post by hellohihowareyou »

Skkatter: holding you to that. I'm in a later group and would really like to see the F3 in action.

:party:
User avatar
Electronic Battle
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:36 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by Electronic Battle »

Either I'm very slow (probably) or there's some new info on Bert's website. I expect it's been there for ages but I haven't noticed until just now:

"LFO board has a LFO with divided outputs, delayed outputs, duplets and
triplet’s outputs, attenuators, gate buffers, glide modules, quantizer, gate to
S-trigger and a midi sync input (you can choose the internal clock or the
midi sync)".

So MIDI sync is present - great! My Doepfer MAQ16/3 will play along with the FIII nicely. God knows how to make it all work.
User avatar
hellohihowareyou
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:52 pm

Post by hellohihowareyou »

That info about the LFO board is old news, but still awesome.

What is new on the webpage is a second pic of the F2 and F3 side by side. The pic is located on the Fenix 2+3 hompage part sorta uhhh.. that website is impossible to describe.

IT'S HERE:
http://www.dutchsynth.nl/FenixXL.html

I believe it is the bottom picture that is new.
User avatar
vassili
Common Wiggler
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:40 pm
Location: Paris
Contact:

Post by vassili »

hellohihowareyou wrote:That info about the LFO board is old news, but still awesome.

What is new on the webpage is a second pic of the F2 and F3 side by side. The pic is located on the Fenix 2+3 hompage part sorta uhhh.. that website is impossible to describe.

IT'S HERE:
http://www.dutchsynth.nl/FenixXL.html

I believe it is the bottom picture that is new.
:guinness:
User avatar
hellohihowareyou
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:52 pm

Post by hellohihowareyou »

It makes me very happy to know that I'm not the only one obsessively searching for details in anticipation for their F2+F3.

I've memorized the front panels of each and have to say....

Fucking hell the Fenix 3 sequencer is far and away the most comprehensive analogue sequencer ever.

To the rest of you waiting also...
:guinness:
User avatar
vassili
Common Wiggler
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:40 pm
Location: Paris
Contact:

Post by vassili »

hellohihowareyou wrote:It makes me very happy to know that I'm not the only one obsessively searching for details in anticipation for their F2+F3.

I've memorized the front panels of each and have to say....

Fucking hell the Fenix 3 sequencer is far and away the most comprehensive analogue sequencer ever.

To the rest of you waiting also...
:guinness:
this sequencer is going to be the central brain of my analog setup and certainly all my studio! 8_)
User avatar
doepferiano
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 292
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 9:14 am
Location: somewhere in summertime

Post by doepferiano »

shhhhhh crossing fingerssss :P
User avatar
jenamu6
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2264
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 3:25 pm
Location: Rotterdam

Post by jenamu6 »

Gotta share this with someone who cares....

I'm gonna pick up my set (synth+seq) tomorrow......will post videos soon.
User avatar
Hanz
Analogue Avenger
Posts: 1281
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:22 am
Location: my tiny universe

Post by Hanz »

Very cool, congratulations!
“...I am merely a conduit, a kind of big hairy tool. I am just a plastic funnel connected to a Moog...”
xart

Post by xart »

jenamu6 wrote:Gotta share this with someone who cares....

I'm gonna pick up my set (synth+seq) tomorrow......will post videos soon.

Yeah we care! Your in Group 9 (I just checked!!!!) ....how did you get bumped up to the front of the line? :hmm:

:mad:

We expect a FULL review....and you also must be ready to pop the hood and let us know what is inside! :tu:

I can't wait for your review!

:tu:
User avatar
Electronic Battle
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:36 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by Electronic Battle »

Can't you go there now, and then come back and post videos all night long so that when I get up I'll have something to stare at whilst I wait for my II & III?

:hyper:
User avatar
jenamu6
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2264
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 3:25 pm
Location: Rotterdam

Post by jenamu6 »

xart wrote: Yeah we care! Your in Group 9 (I just checked!!!!) ....how did you get bumped up to the front of the line? :hmm:


:mad:

We expect a FULL review....and you also must be ready to pop the hood and let us know what is inside! :tu:

I can't wait for your review!

:tu:
I switched places......

Sure I'll open it up......may even set fire to it.

:nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:
User avatar
jenamu6
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2264
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 3:25 pm
Location: Rotterdam

Post by jenamu6 »

It's here.......and it's awesome.
User avatar
mono-poly
Le Cheff
Posts: 5423
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:40 pm
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands

Post by mono-poly »

Congrats
The farad is the captain of my print.

http://www.mono-poly.nl
http://www.noodlebar.org

WTB blue lantern purple vco
User avatar
Reptil
In space no one can hear you wiggle
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:39 pm
Location: low orbit

Post by Reptil »

nice! :yay:
Post Reply

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”