Animal Factory Amplification

New Hosted Sub-Forum. Check it out here:
Not exactly a new manufacturer but new to us. Check out their pedal and eurorack product and extend them a welcome all the way to Mumbai!

Super-miniwave Generator for Doepfer A-112 - preview

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, Kent, Joe., luketeaford

tybamm
Learning to Wiggle

Super-miniwave Generator for Doepfer A-112 - preview

Post by tybamm »

Hi !

(I apologize in advance for my english)

I'm currently writing a sample wave editor/dumper for the Doepfer A-112 VC Sampler, called "Super-miniwave Generator". There is still some work to do, but it works. You can see a screenshot below (note that the GUI may change).

Main coolest features :

> Advanced editing for each page of the current edited bank (several periodic patterns, a lot of editable parameters, autoclamp, importation of .wav)
> Advanced editing for morphing those pages (several operators, crossfading, variable morphing curve, looping/repeatition)
> Possibility of using instant result of morphing as new page
> Overspacetravelling random possibilities for each parameter of edited page, morphing, and/or automation (fix/unfix parameter(s), set min/max for each)
> Galacticmaster randomization/automation for incremental generation of banks with editable parameters (autocompute, autorender for incremental render as .wav file, don't lose any banks generated)
> MIDI dump to the A-112 (for the current edited bank)
> Real-time sound monitoring with possibility of modulating frequency playback (the Super-miniwve Generator becomes an autobot with the autocompute)
> Spacecool files management (autorender, autoname, tag)
> Support of .wav, .256, .gif and .txt files (see below)

Note that I've not still tested the portability.

See you soon (maybe with a video + audio demo, and a bunch of .wav banks generated with autocompute/autorender) ^^

EDIT 2012-10-22 announcement : Super-miniwave Generator 2.0 for windows, linux and mac coming soon !

EDIT 2012-09-17----------------

EDIT 2015-12-06----------------
Custom version : Alternative "overflow" mode, export to .txt file (Arduino request), little GUI enhancements

Download the last version : Super-miniwave Generator 1.0.6-02 CUSTOM (for Windows)

Files supported :

*Import :
> audio ".wav" 8bits mono files (for odd, even and bank),
> image ".gif" 256x256px files (only for odd and even page),
> wiard ".256" files (odd, even and bank)

*Export :
> audio ".wav" 8bits mono files (for odd, even, blend and bank -can be splitted into 256 ".wav" files for bank)
> wiard ".256" files (only for bank)
> text ".txt" files writed with 0/255 or -128/127 values (for odd, even, blend and bank -can be splitted into mult files for bank)

*MIDI dump : sysex file (whole bank) for Doepfer A-112 VC sampler
Last edited by tybamm on Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:13 am, edited 7 times in total.
toppobrillo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by toppobrillo »

looks great!
tybamm
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tybamm »

Thank you ! I hope that I could finish quickly... :mrgreen:
tybamm
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tybamm »

Hi !

Quick demo part 1 :

[video][/video]

See you soon with part 2 (spacemorphing) !

EDIT : wavebanks generated during this session are here.
poppinger
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by poppinger »

Very cool! Makes me wish I had a A-112
Johnisfaster
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Johnisfaster »

Im really looking forward to this. Any idea on timeline?
JensenJohn.bandcamp.com
Navs
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Navs »

Looks good. Any plans for a Mac version?
READYdot
controlled by voltage!

Post by READYdot »

^+1
Drumdrumdrumdrum
What she said

Post by Drumdrumdrumdrum »

Congratulations. Looks like it is working. ETA on Mac version?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."
- Author, Albert Schweitzer.

"Modular synths can take your ego out of the equation which, in music, is a blessing" - Jeremy Greenspan

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/glennkingsleymortimer
tybamm
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tybamm »

Hi !

Thank you for your cool feedback ^^

Quickly, some answers :

> Release date : In (maybe) 1 or 2 weeks, I think. I must correct some minor bugs, clean code, etc.

> Mac release : Currently not planned. But, for this project I'm using tools that work on Windows, Mac and Linux (In brief : Rebol script for GUI and files management, FModEx for audition and a little library that I have wrote for interfacing everything, which include RTMidi for MIDI dump in A-112). I think it's possible that it works on Mac after minor code changes and re-compiliation of the "handmade" library, but I do not have a Mac to do that. A Linux release is planned, but later. Currently, I only have tested the Super-miniwave Generator on win7 32bits.

> Planned : Support of .256 file format (maybe it will be included in the first beta release ^^).

Now, here is the second quick demo of the Super-miniwave Generator : Spacemorphing. Hope you like it ! (sorry for these boring "technical" demo, but I think it's required to understand how the Super-miniwave Generator is working)

You can find the wavebanks generated during this session here.

[video][/video]

Note : I have seen that I have forgot to show in this demo how to achieve a simple "multi-morphed bank" by hand (hard to show all in less than 10 minutes ^^). I will (try to) do a super-mini quick demo about that.
drox
Wiggling with Experience

Post by drox »

really looking forward to a mac version, wasnt someone else working on something similar also?
microfauna
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by microfauna »

Can this editor be used as a stand alone application to export WAV files independent of the A-112? It would be great to use it for other uses.
tybamm
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tybamm »

Hi !

@microfauna : Thank for your feedback ! In fact, the super-miniwave generator is a stand-alone application, "customized" to generate .wav files which fit with Doepfer A-112 format (i.e. 8 bits mono wavefile 65536 bytes long ^^). You can use it as a wave file generator, if you want.

If you watch the capture, you can see 4 "render" buttons : one for the "odd page" edition, one for the "even page" edition, one for the "blend page" edition, and one for the "bank page". When you hit one this button, an automatically-named .wav mono 8 bits file is written in the automatically-created directory at the launch of the super-miniwave generator (this directory can be changed with the "output station" button).

With this system, you don't care about "saving stress" : You just have to hit the render button for save a miniwave or a bank in a .wav file. You can import .wav 8 bits mono files for odd, even and bank. You can for example render a bank, edit this one in an external editor, and then import the modified bank in the super-miniwave generator. After that, you can send it to a Doepfer A-112 by MIDI with the "transmission" button -if you have one, of course-.

If hitting the "render" button is too hard for some reasons, you can check the "autorender" for automatically write a .wav file of each newly generated bank (this option is not available for odd, even and blend, for those you must hit the "render" button). In combination with the "autocompute" switch, you can generate a lot of banks in .wav format without touching your computer (so you can touch your modular ^^), and send one of them to your A-112 when you want (spacetream is not stopped if "on").

Hope I'm clear ^^

See you soon !

EDIT : for Mac version, I'll take a look to the cross-compilation possibilities.

EDIT 2 : No import for blend page ^^ sorry !
bartleby
Ultra Wiggler

Post by bartleby »

sams question as for mr chombee: any news?
tybamm
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tybamm »

Hi !

... Hum, In fact I have finished him, with two new features : drawing waves forms (with a sort of cool spacemask system), and a sort of BPM synchronisation. But, I have to finished the interface, that I have "destroyed" during the last phase of development :mrgreen: , for me that's not a problem, but I really can't diffuse it with that non-fonctionnal appearance.

So, on this thursday I'm off, so I hope I can rectified that, and then release a beta version.

Thank for your attention, and don't hesitate if you have any questions !
silversurfer
Common Wiggler

Post by silversurfer »

Really looking forward to trying this, thank you for doing it!
mamonu
90s ambient miscreant!!

Post by mamonu »

:nana:

yep

looking forward to it too... my A112 is currently used mainly for drum-y sounds . Its time the wavetabley nature of it is explored...
bartleby
Ultra Wiggler

Post by bartleby »

glad to hear that this project is still alive. :)
julian
i like synthesisers...

Post by julian »

tybamm wrote:Hi !

... Hum, In fact I have finished him, with two new features : drawing waves forms (with a sort of cool spacemask system), and a sort of BPM synchronisation. But, I have to finished the interface, that I have "destroyed" during the last phase of development :mrgreen: , for me that's not a problem, but I really can't diffuse it with that non-fonctionnal appearance.

So, on this thursday I'm off, so I hope I can rectified that, and then release a beta version.

Thank for your attention, and don't hesitate if you have any questions !

When you release the beta, you will be bombarded with requests and suggestions : /

Some of them may be good!

It is far too long since somone paid attention to the software side of the a112. I think a lot of users will be eager to have a current project.

_________

I make parts for synthesisers!

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/thebeast.co.uk/

Website - www.thebeast.co.uk

Online shop - https://thebeast.co.uk/?post_type=product

thebeast.co.uk is IOSS compliant. Read our statement here - https://thebeast.co.uk/?page_id=1931
phase ghost
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by phase ghost »

Navs wrote:Looks good. Any plans for a Mac version?
Yes.

I've tried to get the wave256 working with my mac, but it just won't.
tybamm
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tybamm »

Hi !

Here is a .zip with the first release of the Super-miniwave Generator : http://www.mediafire.com/?juvphiia63sw2h8

In the .zip, you will find a very short manual for installation and some explanations.

Hope you like it !
pricklyrobot
Ultra Wiggler

Post by pricklyrobot »

Anyone used this program? Have any thoughts on it?

I've been pondering a possible A-112 for a while now, but been a little worried about the apparently arcane interface of the module itself.
springreverb
Learning to Wiggle

Post by springreverb »

mac
cathartech
Common Wiggler

Post by cathartech »

I've been looking for something like this -- except, for my tabularasa! It looks like it will work fine for that purpose as it outputs 8bit wav files that can be limited to a single cycle.
cathartech - alchemical sonic research
cathartech
Common Wiggler

Post by cathartech »

cathartech wrote:I've been looking for something like this -- except, for my tabularasa! It looks like it will work fine for that purpose as it outputs 8bit wav files that can be limited to a single cycle.
Spoke somewhat too soon -- it outputs to a concatenated wav bank instead of discrete wav files. Any chance for an option to write out individual wavs for each cycle?

Otherwise, the software is pretty awesome feature-wise. It's really easy to generate interesting, related waveforms. Looking forward to future release for sure.
cathartech - alchemical sonic research

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”