[ORDER] - Euro Panels for CLee's LPG Boards

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford

clarke68
Making DIY modulars look cool since 2011

[ORDER] - Euro Panels for CLee's LPG Boards

Post by clarke68 »

*** Edit: Now taking orders for these! See below for details. ***

I've designed two Euro panels for CLee's VC Resonant LPG boards:

Quad VC Resonant Gate
Similar to my CGS Panels, this is 32HP in width...mounting brackets attached to the panel will hold 4 CLee boards lengthwise, parallel to the panel. This works with the regular 16mm Alpha pots, but might make your life easier if you use a few of the 9mm pots. Use CGS04 for the mix out. It should be pointed out that this would be really sweet in combination with a Quad Slope, if you're not already getting one now would be a good time to get in...I just upped the order quantity so I have extras. Send me a PM.

The Quad panels are $35USD each.

Dual VC Resonant Gate
12HP...this requires that you cut the boards (as CLee has graciously allowed for), and fits two PCBs running side-by-side vertically behind the panel. Requires a bracket for the PCBs, and definitely needs the Alpha 9mm pots (or something with a similarly small footprint).

The Dual panels are $15USD each.

Shipping will be $5 in the U.S. or $13.25 international, it doesn't matter how many panels you order.

To order, send me the following either by PM or email at clarke at robinsononline dot com:
I'm ordering [x] pieces of the [Dual / Quad] CLee LPG Panel
for $xx, plus $5 for domestic shipping or $13.25 for international shipping, for a total of $xx.

I'm aware that I may have to pay additional amounts of customs and tax in my country.

I'm also aware that I'm only buying screened and drilled panel that may help me building an electronic module - I'm *not* buying a diy kit, not a "project" - just a screened/drilled panel. I know how to build electronic circuits and I am trained in electrical safety matters. The seller of these panels will not be held responsible for any damage that results from these panels, directly or indirectly.

My shipping address is

xxxxxx
xxxxx
xxxx
xxx

My PayPal address is xxx@xx.com
My Forumname is xxxx
Also let me know if you'd like to add any CGS Panels to your order, or if you want to combine shipping with an order you've already placed.

When I get your order, I will reply with a Paypal invoice, due November 28.

I'm trying to get this order done quickly so people can start building...so please get your orders in as soon as you can!

Order List

asterisk - 1 Dual
astroschnautzer - 2 Dual
Brother303 - 1 Dual
demian - 2 Quad, 1 Dual
frozenkore - 1 Quad (+1 Funky Drummer)
gwaidan - 1 Dual
iopop - 1 Quad (+1 Quad Slope)
janvanvolt - 1 Dual
JJ - 1 Quad
lazerkind - 1 Quad
microfauna - 2 Dual
mikecameron - 1 Dual
Monobass - 2 Dual
mono-poly - 1 Quad
nangu - 3 Quad, 4 Dual
negativspace - 4 Dual
neilbaldwin - 1 Dual
numan7 - 1 Quad, 2 Duals
oberkorn - 1 Quad (+1 Quad Slope)
Pfurmel - 2 Dual
rico loverde - 1 Quad, 1 Dual
ringstone - 4 Dual
samuraipizzacat29 - 1 Quad (+1 MSU, 1 Quad Slope)
scozbor - 1 Quad
SMS303 - 2 Dual
Spandex - 2 Dual
spotta - 2 Dual
synchromesh - 1 Quad, 1 Dual (+1 Quad Slope)
Tall Midget - 2 Quad
theabsent - 1 Quad
whomper - 1 Dual

I have received payment from people in blue

Orders for people in green have been shipped
Last edited by clarke68 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:48 am, edited 58 times in total.
scozbor
100th Member!

Post by scozbor »

one quad panel for me :bananaguitar:
AWESOME
rico loverde
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by rico loverde »

1 quad 1 dual for me
works for Darkplace Manufacturing
theabsent
?

Post by theabsent »

1 quad panel for theabsent
My releases: https://laitoshuoltaja.bandcamp.com/releases
My sound art & live gigs: https://www.facebook.com/Laitoshuoltaja/
Modular live gigs (our modular band): https://konekonekone.bandcamp.com/releases
Modular Patch of The Week Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTYqCy ... pvEmilJScg
ringstone
antipodean experimentalist

Post by ringstone »

2 quad panels for me... and a big thank you to Clarke for making these wonderful panels available!

Cheers
Blair
Tall Midget
Extra Value Super-Premium Wiggler

Post by Tall Midget »

1 Quad and 2 Duals for me.
microfauna
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by microfauna »

2 Duals please
mono-poly
Le Cheff

Post by mono-poly »

1 quad please
The farad is the captain of my print.

http://www.mono-poly.nl
http://www.noodlebar.org

WTB blue lantern purple vco
nangu
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by nangu »

I'm in for 3 quads and 4 duals. Thanks!!
JJ
Veteran Wiggler

Post by JJ »

1 quad panel for JJ
Pfurmel
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Pfurmel »

One dual for me please
demian
Wiggling with Experience

Post by demian »

I would like to have 2 Quads and one dual please
clarke68

Post by clarke68 »

Well this is going well...I started this thread when I went to bed last night, I just woke up and we already have enough interest for a run of Quads! I bet if we give it a few days we'll have enough interest to get the good pricing on the Duals. Thanks everyone so far!
lazerkind
Wiggling with Experience

Post by lazerkind »

I'm having a hard time to make up my mind if i should go 1 quad or two dual :despair:
They are both lovely looking, I'm not sure I'll be needing the mix output (or how do you guys use that?)

My main concern with the quad is that is it big. bigger than the QMMG(24HP)
And having all my lpg's in place is not always the most practical way to patch. At least that is how I feel about my VCA's and envelopes. Spread them out and you get less spaghetti patching.

So I'll just ponder on for a while, it will either be a quad or two duals though. :sb:
Rod Serling Fan Club
aquatic hitchhiker

Post by Rod Serling Fan Club »

Edit: 2 x dual
Last edited by Rod Serling Fan Club on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
clarke68

Post by clarke68 »

lazerkind wrote:I'm having a hard time to make up my mind if i should go 1 quad or two dual :despair:
They are both lovely looking, I'm not sure I'll be needing the mix output (or how do you guys use that?)
I use the mix out on my QLPG constantly, but I have a very small system where the QLPG is the final output of my modular. Also, I'm not sure if it will be as useful on the CLee LPG since there is no pure VCA mode.

One other point to consider is: do you want to deal with cutting the PCBs?
sduck
experimental use of gravity

Post by sduck »

There's an unattenuated control voltage input on the board, as in the original design - why aren't you incorporating this on your panels? You've got room to add them. And perhaps you should make potential buyers aware of this input you left off so they're aware of what they're getting?
SMS303
Tha BABELFISH Wiggler...

Re: [IC] - Euro Panels for CLee's LPG Boards

Post by SMS303 »

clarke68 wrote: Dual VC Resonant Gate
Two of those beauties for me sir :tu:
------------> Jaime Murray does Capua...... ------------------------------------------>
clarke68

Post by clarke68 »

sduck wrote:There's an unattenuated control voltage input on the board, as in the original design - why aren't you incorporating this on your panels? You've got room to add them. And perhaps you should make potential buyers aware of this input you left off so they're aware of what they're getting?
Sduck is right...CLee's board has an input for an additional (unattenuated) CV input. I left it off these panels partly because CLee left it off of his own builds, but mostly because I like the elegance of the panels as they are and don't really know what I would use a 2nd CV input for. If anybody really wants this speak up, I can try to fit it in there this weekend.

Sduck - in the mean time...help me out. What do you use your 2nd CV input for? Would be super cool if you could post a demo.
negativspace
Manhattan Analog

Post by negativspace »

I use the 2nd CV input on my T.White LPGs frequently, I'm glad I put 2 CV inputs on each of mine. On the flip side, though, all it takes is an external mixer to replicate that function. (Maybe you should leave it be, I might sell more mixers!)

My favorite LPG patch of all time involved routing my master-clock LFO's sawtooth output to CV1 (unattenuated) to be used as a 16th-note EG, and then an actual EG to CV2 negatively applied via the attenuverter I built in. The 2nd CV was 'ducking' the 16th-note rhythm in a really nice way when it was triggered. I love vactrols. :love:
clarke68

Post by clarke68 »

negativspace wrote:My favorite LPG patch of all time involved routing my master-clock LFO's sawtooth output to CV1 (unattenuated) to be used as a 16th-note EG, and then an actual EG to CV2 negatively applied via the attenuverter I built in. The 2nd CV was 'ducking' the 16th-note rhythm in a really nice way when it was triggered. I love vactrols. :love:
That's pretty freaking cool...CLee's board has the attenuverter already (note the bipolar marking on the attenuators). I'll count this as a vote for. People should still buy your mixers, tho!
sduck
experimental use of gravity

Post by sduck »

You're right, I really need to do a demo. And sorry for harping on this again. And it's true that one doesn't really need the plain vanilla input, as most of us have mixers that could easily sub for the extra input for those few times it might come into use. And I'd guess that for me maybe 85% of the time I'm only using one cv input, and it's usually the plain vanilla one actually anyway. I can think of several cool things where it would be of use though - like feeding a slow cv into the plain input and then throwing some spiky ones into the attenuated input, and perhaps experimenting with the negative side of the attenuator? For the more noiz oriented situations it would be handy. Anyway, maybe I should just shut up and let your actual prospective customers speak up about it - they're the ones who will be buying it, and it sounds like enough people like it the way it is.
microfauna
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by microfauna »

2 CVs in is always useful. Don't have to be so premeditated in patching. Would it be very tight though to fit in on the Dual?
lazerkind
Wiggling with Experience

Post by lazerkind »

clarke68 wrote: I use the mix out on my QLPG constantly...

One other point to consider is: do you want to deal with cutting the PCBs?
Well, cutting does not look much harder than cutting strip boards between two holes and I've done plenty of that ;)

Actually I'm more bothered by the tight wireing of 9mm pots :hihi:
negativspace
Manhattan Analog

Post by negativspace »

You can alleviate the pain of 9mm pots by using Pot Chiclets.
Last edited by negativspace on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Tech DIY”