sport modulator question

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..
fredguy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

sport modulator question

Post by fredguy »

I just got a sport modulator and have been playing with the patch examples but am stuck on the following.

"autolag" sequencing ala Buchla MARF etc- TOP
section in LAG mode, sequencer [or switch] into the
IN of the TOP section. COMPARATOR out to the IN
of the bottom section, BOTTOM END out to the clock
in of the sequencer or switch. turn the RATE of the
TOP section all the way CW. turn the RATE of the
BOTT section down to around 8 o'clock for slower
stuff, up to whatever for audio. the smooth "autolagged"
output is avaliable at the OUT of the BOTTOM
section for your pleasure"

I don't get the sequencer into the IN of the top section. I tried running the output of a brains pp row into the IN of the top section and there's no difference between that and running nothing in to the IN of the top section. I'm taking my sequencer clock from the bottom END out and lagged clock from the bottom OUT. Gives a nice swing feel with the lagged pulse but I think I'm missing something.

dave
"I drink gin, and once, when drinking gin, I made a large man cry." Bill Murray
toppobrillo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by toppobrillo »

Think u have it patched wrong. make sure the top sec is not self cycling. Basically all that is going on here is you are comparing the straight seq. output with the lagged output (bottom section out) when the lagged output makes it to where it's going, the comparator out will go low then high again quickly, selecting the next seq stg.( Normally you'd use the comparator out as the clock as well as the input to bottom sec, but incidentally, the bottom end out works just as well as the clock so to avoid a multiple, I suggested using that.)

But it would definitely make a difference if the top input was used or not in this patch as thats the other input to the comparator essentially, well post-lag of course, this is why in this patch you would keep the rate knob full cw to allow the top section to follow the seq out as quickly as possible. Of course u can experiment with both cv ins to change the behavior of the patch quite a bit.
fredguy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by fredguy »

toppobrillo wrote:Think u have it patched wrong. make sure the top sec is not self cycling. Basically all that is going on here is you are comparing the straight seq. output with the lagged output (bottom section out) when the lagged output makes it to where it's going, the comparator out will go low then high again quickly, selecting the next seq stg.( Normally you'd use the comparator out as the clock as well as the input to bottom sec, but incidentally, the bottom end out works just as well as the clock so to avoid a multiple, I suggested using that.)

But it would definitely make a difference if the top input was used or not in this patch as thats the other input to the comparator essentially, well post-lag of course, this is why in this patch you would keep the rate knob full cw to allow the top section to follow the seq out as quickly as possible. Of course u can experiment with both cv ins to change the behavior of the patch quite a bit.
Thanks. Makes much more sense now. Great module feeding both vco and modulation inputs.

dave

dave
"I drink gin, and once, when drinking gin, I made a large man cry." Bill Murray

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”