Help me tweek my Bugbrand setup

Modular and other sound devices from BugBrand.

Moderators: Kent, BugBrand

Pagoda-100
Wiggling with Experience

Help me tweek my Bugbrand setup

Post by Pagoda-100 »

When I got my first bit of Bugs I ended up buying all of someones stash for a better bulk price and then picked up some other bits. Recently I got a DRM2 and Diode director. At first I was only playing with the synthvoice but now I can expand a bit and am somewhat stumped as to how best to lay it out.

I have a 2row 11frame and a 1 row 11frame. Was thinking it might be fun to set the 2 row up as the core system with the synthvoice and DRM2 Then stuff the 1 row with some extras when the urge hits. With the announcement of 2 new modules my guess is that I am going to end up with a 2nd 2 frame but for now want to shuffle what I have. I haven't played with DRM2 yet so I don't fully know what its best mates will be. Guessing DDSR and an envelope.

To recap: 2 row 11frame with synthvoice and DRM2. 1 row 11frame for extras.
Curious to what other Bug folks would setup with this inventory.

Ill put all the modules in modulargrid in a sec to make it a bit more clear to see what I have.

Happy Friday! :guinness:
Attachments
bug.jpeg
IMG_7704.jpeg
lud
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Help me tweek my Bugbrand setup

Post by lud »

Looks like you haven't got room for all your blues there - maybe keep DRM 2 standalone for their sake (think it's more useful that way too, not being thaaat modular in essence)

I'm always going between a bigger system and breaking it up into smaller parts - there's no right answer there and switching it up can make it interesting (but can take hours to rearrange a big system, not recommended unless necessary)
Pagoda-100
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Pagoda-100 »

Indeed.
I'm rather heavy on oscillators so I could do with a few left out of the mix. However... after moving things around my DDSR will not power up :roll:
Anyone in the US able to troubleshoot or does it need to go see Tom?
ugh.
BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand »

Unplug/replug it first to check it is done correct.
Easy check - on one side, set clock to Ext, data to Hi and XOR to Recirc - this should start data going in in a loop
Pagoda-100
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Pagoda-100 »

Hi Tom,
No dice... tried a few cables, multiple locations in both cases and all is still dark on DDSR. Everything else is running OK. I must have done something to it during the shuffle.
lud
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lud »

Pair of quad sines must be fun 😻
BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand »

Pagoda-100 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:26 am Hi Tom,
No dice... tried a few cables, multiple locations in both cases and all is still dark on DDSR. Everything else is running OK. I must have done something to it during the shuffle.
Strange!
Drop me an email & we'll work it out.

Return to “BugBrand Devices”