Deformed Digestive Divider, a Buchla format Pulse Divider (Preorder)

Buchla, Serge, Studio.h, Northern Light Modular, Keen Assoc., 1979, Vedic Scapes, etc. Usually expensive, often found sniffing corks.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

pustule
Wiggling with Experience

Deformed Digestive Divider, a Buchla format Pulse Divider (Preorder)

Post by pustule » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:37 am

Hey guys! We are now able to offer a small run of these modules for sale...

Introducing the DEFORMED DIGESTIVE DIVIDER, a Buchla format pulse divider module.

Can you believe it?! Deformed creatures are living inside the “DDD” module! They are sickly and starving, and they will surely eat themselves alive unless you feed them a “pulse” from your synthesizer, right away! When fed a pulse signal, these gross mutants come to life, digest it, then excrete rhythmic variations of it for your listening enjoyment.

The DDD was created as a collaboration between Apetechnology and Tasty Soil in Detroit, Michigan.

The module and custom circuit are hand-built by Apetechnology. The panel illustration and module concept were created by Chris Pottinger.

Our goal was to make something that combines our mutual interests in unusual creatures and modular synthesizers. We wanted to create a module that is fun to look at and also provides a helpful function within a modular system.

We hope that this unique hand-made module brings a little extra weirdness and fun to your modular synthesizer.

Technical Details:

• The panel is hand silkscreened with industrial epoxy ink for extra durability.

• The brushed and anodized aluminum panel is standard Buchla format.

• Unit comes with a Buchla edge-style power connection.

• Pulse output can be configured for modern Buchla 200/200e, 100, or Serge voltages.
(Please specify which pulse voltage is desired when ordering).

• Panel hole placement is designed for Buchla cases. If you intend to use it in a Serge system, customers must make their own adaptations to the panel to mount in a Serge case.

Pre-Order Info:

We are doing a 2-week open pre-order period for the DDD.

Modules will be built to order, so after the pre-order window closes, please allow up to 30 days to gather parts and build your DDD module before shipment.

Pricing:

$375 shipped Priority Mail within the USA.

Overseas shipping is available, but we will provide you a shipping quote before ordering.

How to Order:

Orders are currently being taken either by Direct Message here on Muffs or via a DM over at my instagram @slimemembrane

Since these modules are built-to-order, please understand that all sales are final.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase, so please contact us if you have any technical questions.

djangosfire
dimensionally transcendental

Re: Deformed Digestive Divider, a Buchla format Pulse Divider (Preorder)

Post by djangosfire » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:55 am

:sb: :sb: :sb: Ordered!! :hail: :hail: :hail:

Thank you for offering and creating an obviously beautiful and inspiring original Buchla format module... Fun AND useful too !!
Djangosfire - new Adam Scramstad Acoustic Finger-style Album:
https://adamscramstad.bandcamp.com/releases

pustule
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pustule » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:33 am

djangosfire wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:55 am
:sb: :sb: :sb: Ordered!! :hail: :hail: :hail:

Thank you for offering and creating an obviously beautiful and inspiring original Buchla format module... Fun AND useful too !!
Thanks so much Adam! We are really excited about how this module came out :hyper:

mome rath
a dubious cube of margarine

Post by mome rath » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:29 pm

oooooooooooh very cool :D
soundcloud, dear friends

good trader cred
instagraM
guest wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:45 pm
basically, as the dude put it "no walter, youre not wrong, youre just an asshole".
zoogoo wrote: your stupid

deltaphoenix
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by deltaphoenix » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:38 pm

Bravo - original vibe and useful!

croute
Common Wiggler

Post by croute » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:41 pm

Wow...beautiful panel!Artwork is awesome!

momo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by momo » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:10 pm

Very nice panel artwork.

Pros:
Pricepoint
It offers functionality from unavailable options such as 077 P/R or the 225e, that may be overkill for some users

Cons: (disclaimer: apologies for the :youkids: vibes)
For the format, as I conceive it still, just as I did when I took the plunge 12 years ago is one of density and something I see as intrinsic to the platform. Not suggesting all offerings must conform, this is just a personal stance, relative to boat 'real estate' and my future vision for my overall module selection that makes each space valuable. This is why Chris' ModuleModule format had a lot going for it, and I wish were still alive and kicking.

Since I took the plunge however many things have changed and I recognise there may many clone and third party system owners for whom this kind of offering is really perfect. In that regard just so I sign off on a genuine high, choice is no bad thing.

levelhead3
Veteran Wiggler

Post by levelhead3 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:35 pm

What are you guys, mind readers?

Blake at Noisebug and I were just discussing the lack of available pulse dividers in the buchla format last week and now, voila! Wonderful panel art too! :yay:

pm sent.

meatcliff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by meatcliff » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:14 pm

Beautiful work.

Repeater
Phantom Powers

Post by Repeater » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:35 pm

Real nice work, Chris! It seemed inevitable that your creatures would take over your synthesizer. Are y'all making the panels at Destroy?

ophidian
Common Wiggler

Post by ophidian » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:56 am

Good gawd, that artwork. I love it.

pustule
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pustule » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:02 am

Thanks for all the nice comments and orders, guys! We are really excited to get them into your hands :hyper:

@Repeater You guessed it! Panels and module building going on over at the Destroy Compound! :goo:

Peake
I'm in ur DIY. Filling cases with Buchla

Post by Peake » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:03 am

:sb:
This is not the place I'd imagined it to be.

mnchrme
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mnchrme » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:11 am

pustule wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:37 am
Hey guys! We are now able to offer a small run of these modules for sale...

Introducing the DEFORMED DIGESTIVE DIVIDER, a Buchla format pulse divider module.

Can you believe it?! Deformed creatures are living inside the “DDD” module! They are sickly and starving, and they will surely eat themselves alive unless you feed them a “pulse” from your synthesizer, right away! When fed a pulse signal, these gross mutants come to life, digest it, then excrete rhythmic variations of it for your listening enjoyment.

The DDD was created as a collaboration between Apetechnology and Tasty Soil in Detroit, Michigan.

The module and custom circuit are hand-built by Apetechnology. The panel illustration and module concept were created by Chris Pottinger.

Our goal was to make something that combines our mutual interests in unusual creatures and modular synthesizers. We wanted to create a module that is fun to look at and also provides a helpful function within a modular system.

We hope that this unique hand-made module brings a little extra weirdness and fun to your modular synthesizer.

Technical Details:

• The panel is hand silkscreened with industrial epoxy ink for extra durability.

• The brushed and anodized aluminum panel is standard Buchla format.

• Unit comes with a Buchla edge-style power connection.

• Pulse output can be configured for modern Buchla 200/200e, 100, or Serge voltages.
(Please specify which pulse voltage is desired when ordering).

• Panel hole placement is designed for Buchla cases. If you intend to use it in a Serge system, customers must make their own adaptations to the panel to mount in a Serge case.

Pre-Order Info:

We are doing a 2-week open pre-order period for the DDD.

Modules will be built to order, so after the pre-order window closes, please allow up to 30 days to gather parts and build your DDD module before shipment.

Pricing:

$375 shipped Priority Mail within the USA.

Overseas shipping is available, but we will provide you a shipping quote before ordering.

How to Order:

Orders are currently being taken either by Direct Message here on Muffs or via a DM over at my instagram @slimemembrane

Since these modules are built-to-order, please understand that all sales are final.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase, so please contact us if you have any technical questions.

So nice!

belsina
Wiggling with Experience

Post by belsina » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:34 pm

That looks gorgeous.

pustule
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pustule » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:34 am

Just dropping a quick message in here to thank everyone for their preorders, nice messages and comments.
This coming Tuesday (4/27) at Noon eastern time, we will be closing preorders and then we will begin the production process on your DDD modules.

We are really excited to get these into your systems! :spin:

LVU
Common Wiggler

Post by LVU » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:45 am

Nice panel - it reminds me of postcards that people used to put on their blank panels.
An artwork with a function.

levelhead3
Veteran Wiggler

Post by levelhead3 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:46 am

Hopefully this won't be the last "creatures" module!

pustule
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pustule » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:00 am

levelhead3 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:46 am
We are already cooking up some ideas for future creature modules :goo: , once we get these into everyone’s hands we will starting working on the next... keep your eyes peeled!

exeterdown
Wiggling with Anxiety

Post by exeterdown » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:19 pm

momo wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:10 pm
Very nice panel artwork.

Pros:
Pricepoint
It offers functionality from unavailable options such as 077 P/R or the 225e, that may be overkill for some users

Cons: (disclaimer: apologies for the :youkids: vibes)
For the format, as I conceive it still, just as I did when I took the plunge 12 years ago is one of density and something I see as intrinsic to the platform. Not suggesting all offerings must conform, this is just a personal stance, relative to boat 'real estate' and my future vision for my overall module selection that makes each space valuable. This is why Chris' ModuleModule format had a lot going for it, and I wish were still alive and kicking.

Since I took the plunge however many things have changed and I recognise there may many clone and third party system owners for whom this kind of offering is really perfect. In that regard just so I sign off on a genuine high, choice is no bad thing.
I feel this one too - though I'm honestly surprised by how much I dig this panel.

I think it'd sit really nicely side by side with that Benjolin with the deer on it. I don't like different coloured panels, but I think these printed designs with otherwise matching knob and jack colour combos in fitting with the rest of the system is the best way to bring some unique qualities into the already primo Buchla aesthetic.

On the 'real estate' note - absolutely. If there are missing clock dividers, why not make them funky? Isn't that the Buchla way? 4MS RCD type maybe? or a whole bunch of clock functions packed together, like a divider and a multiplier, CV mod inputs, gates, logic? I am sorely missing some AND gates in the Buchla world...

Having said all that - this is another one that makes me want to start a non-e case.

levelhead3
Veteran Wiggler

Post by levelhead3 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:26 am

pustule wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:00 am
levelhead3 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:46 am
We are already cooking up some ideas for future creature modules :goo: , once we get these into everyone’s hands we will starting working on the next... keep your eyes peeled!
Sweet!! :yay:

exeterdown
Wiggling with Anxiety

Post by exeterdown » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:55 am

Perhaps one addition about future projects and comments about a non-e system above... this module wouldn't need presets, so it doesn't matter that it doesn't have them. That's actually quite a draw for me.

pustule
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pustule » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:03 am

Hey creature crew! Just a quick post to say that the pre order period for the DDD module is now closed.

Thanks for everyone who placed an order for one! Now we are going to gather the remaining parts we need to begin building all of them.
We expect to be able to ship everything out within 30 days.

We are really excited to get these into your hands and can't wait to see & hear what you guys make with them.

Thanks again to everyone that grabbed one!

pustule
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pustule » Wed May 12, 2021 12:56 pm

Hey guys, just wanted to post a quick update on the DDD build progress. Things are running along smoothly! PCBs and components have arrived and have already been built. The LEDs are all wired up as well. We are just waiting on screen printing the panels and drilling them. Thanks for everyones patience, we can't wait to see what you guys do with them! :hyper:

pustule
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pustule » Wed May 12, 2021 3:32 pm

P.S. Just for fun, here is a pile of some DDD PCBs and LEDs just waiting for their panels :party:

Return to “4U Format Modules + EMS”