Animal Factory Amplification

New Hosted Sub-Forum. Check it out here:
Not exactly a new manufacturer but new to us. Check out their pedal and eurorack product and extend them a welcome all the way to Mumbai!

[FYI] adapting a Boss DD-500 delay to Eurorack

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, Kent, Joe., luketeaford

av500
Super Deluxe Wiggler

[FYI] adapting a Boss DD-500 delay to Eurorack

Post by av500 »

commisioned work for a friend who supplied the Boss DD-500 PCB and display. adapted input and output levels to Eurorack and added trigger/gate control to CTL1/CTL2

panel is 2mm alu dibond print from www.digitaldruck-fabrik.de, holes drilled and routed by me, 3D printed button set

the MIDI input is not hooked up yet...

psykon
Common Wiggler

Post by psykon »

Nice!

I thought about doing panels with dibond. How was your experience with digitaldruck-fabrik.de? Any tips? :)
av500
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by av500 »

psykon wrote:Nice!

I thought about doing panels with dibond. How was your experience with digitaldruck-fabrik.de? Any tips? :)
I chose the higher quality foil print. since their UI is only in cm for print sizes, I made the design 13cm x 18cm instead of 128.5 x 172.5 and I added the 2mm all around as per their instructions. when I got the panel back I trimmed it on all 4 sides to size and I noticed there was a slight angle mismatch between the print and the panel outline, which got trimmed away.

so I would say it's quite OK for one-off panels and prototypes where you can trim the outline to the exact size.

Return to “Music Tech DIY”