ES-4, ES-3, gate expanders personal cheat sheet (Ableton)

Discussion and support for Expert Sleepers' Silent Way software and hardware.

Moderators: Kent, os

tom moody
Common Wiggler

ES-4, ES-3, gate expanders personal cheat sheet (Ableton)

Post by tom moody »

I made this setup guide for running ES-4, ES-3, and related gate expanders using Ableton. Partly it was a learning process, but also, if I don't use this gear for a while, I forget everything. I'm sure there are things in here that are "non-standard" but it works for me and others might find it useful. If not, don't use it! Corrections or suggestions are welcome.

https://www.tommoody.us/pdf/Expert_Slee ... _Notes.pdf
tom moody
Common Wiggler

Post by tom moody »

I'm continuing to add to my personal Expert Sleepers cheat sheet:
https://www.tommoody.us/pdf/Expert_Slee ... _Notes.pdf
I've made many tweaks and added a new section on the ESX-8MD expansion modules (used in conjunction with the ES-40).
These notes are for ES on Windows 7/Ableton Live 9.5 -- probably a doomed quest as Windows and Ableton continue to "upgrade." Nevertheless, it helps me to keep it all straight.
It's also a struggle because I'm gradually moving from Ableton to Tracktion Waveform 9 and will have to relearn all this for Waveform.
And even worse, I'm also moving more production to Linux, where almost none of this will apply!
Element
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Element »

Wow this is soooo helpful!!! Thank you!
tom moody
Common Wiggler

Post by tom moody »

Glad to hear it. Eventually I will finish the section on "ES-40 module with ESX-8CV, ESX-8GT, and ESX-8MD modules" but there are still things about that setup I don't understand.
musicperson
Learning to Wiggle

Re: ES-4, ES-3, gate expanders personal cheat sheet (Ableton)

Post by musicperson »

Hi Tom. Do you have updates on this set up? Setting mine up and hitting some road blocks

Return to “Expert Sleepers”