A somewhat selfish list of things I'd like to see Tom make

Modular and other sound devices from BugBrand.

Moderators: Kent, BugBrand

BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Re: A somewhat selfish list of things I'd like to see Tom make

Post by BugBrand »

Yeah, you know I've looked at & wanted a VC-slew --- still didn't get a happy core circuit (though likely somewhat sharing some of the Dual Env parts - similarities) & module design features worked out - the impetus comes & goes.
lud
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lud »

Fingers crossed for a breakthrough sometime there - looking forward to seeing what 2022 brings! :bugbrand:
dogoftears
Puddle of Sealions

Post by dogoftears »

BugBrand wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:47 am Yeah, you know I've looked at & wanted a VC-slew --- still didn't get a happy core circuit (though likely somewhat sharing some of the Dual Env parts - similarities) & module design features worked out - the impetus comes & goes.
i would LOVE something that essentially emulates a serge universal slope generator (which has a processing input for slew).
http://xexify.bandcamp.com
Nelson Baboon wrote: What do you mean by 'really is'? You mean, what do I look like? Just look in a fucking National Geographic.
laserpalace
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by laserpalace »

Bug is my preferred format these days but I do miss some aspects of working with a Serge.

+100 for a Bug iteration of the DUSG. Even an expanded Dual Envelope with voltage control over both the attack and decay would be really useful. Something similar to the resonant equalizer would be fantastic, I know you can pretty much get that with the PEQ but having it integrated into the signal path with feedback is what I loved.

A Bug variation of the source of uncertainty / Richter's wogglebug would also be incredible but that is crossing the line of "somewhat" selfish :hihi:
/\/\/\/
Common Wiggler

Post by /\/\/\/ »

Seems there is no shortage of exciting new designs... but also would like to add my support for slew to the front ;)
chrisdermo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by chrisdermo »

Nooooo noise to the front! :hihi:
WTB / WTTF: Bugbrand PRC2B, ENV1

Current Bugs frame:
https://www.modulargrid.net/f/racks/view/1340165
Voltage_Controller
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Voltage_Controller »

Adding support for a new 3FW CTL1
“The only truth is music.” ― Kerouac
petro
Learning to Wiggle

Post by petro »

I know that Tom’s system is completely designed from the ground up, respect! but a CGS/Serge SSG, Cgs/serge DSG in this format would be pretty crazy, maybe an idea . I had a random source la bestia for a year or so before I got into bugbrand and the SSG was definitely a cool weird module to include in a synth voice type set up. I contacted Jon from 73-75 about doing some of his stuff in this bugbrand frac format his answer was literally “DIY!” , but you know
Muff
Pagoda-100
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Pagoda-100 »

There is a full system on Reverb.com that has a module called "SMOOTH OPERATOR" apparently a version of SSG. Would be fun if it works well.

petro wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:38 am I know that Tom’s system is completely designed from the ground up, respect! but a CGS/Serge SSG, Cgs/serge DSG in this format would be pretty crazy, maybe an idea . I had a random source la bestia for a year or so before I got into bugbrand and the SSG was definitely a cool weird module to include in a synth voice type set up. I contacted Jon from 73-75 about doing some of his stuff in this bugbrand frac format his answer was literally “DIY!” , but you know
BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand »

Pagoda-100 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:55 am There is a full system on Reverb.com that has a module called "SMOOTH OPERATOR" apparently a version of SSG. Would be fun if it works well.

petro wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:38 am I know that Tom’s system is completely designed from the ground up, respect! but a CGS/Serge SSG, Cgs/serge DSG in this format would be pretty crazy, maybe an idea . I had a random source la bestia for a year or so before I got into bugbrand and the SSG was definitely a cool weird module to include in a synth voice type set up. I contacted Jon from 73-75 about doing some of his stuff in this bugbrand frac format his answer was literally “DIY!” , but you know
Also listed in the BST: https://www.modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=254503
It was made by Soup who has done loads of lovely looking banana-frac bits -> https://www.modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=253694

PS - having barely ever touched a Serge, & being often quite confused by serge schematics/approaches, I've only ever vaguely looked in passing at such things - though I think I've thought along similar-ish lines before.
northerntao
Wiggling with Experience

Post by northerntao »

Tom - are you gonna resurrect the Mono Mix at some point? The DC Mix sort of fits the bill, but it would be nice to have another 1/4 line out in 1FW.
BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand »

northerntao wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:02 am Tom - are you gonna resurrect the Mono Mix at some point? The DC Mix sort of fits the bill, but it would be nice to have another 1/4 line out in 1FW.
Yes, such a frustration - it was withheld due to unacceptable bleed (shame I didn't notice) and I did another version prototype which still didn't quite fix it.. so limbo for now, but keen to sort!
petro
Learning to Wiggle

Post by petro »

could you consider doing a spring reverb module, similar to spring tanker but a more compact blue version where the spring tank is external to the case and connects via rca plugs, compatible with different sized reverb tanks such as accutronics
Muff
DickMarker
Veteran Wiggler

Post by DickMarker »

As we're still badgering Tom: I'd second a return to the realm of spring reverb in some form or other - personally would love a new tanker module, with exposed springs.
BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand »

Haha, so unlikely - especially given the upcoming break.
Never say never but super unlikely.
DickMarker
Veteran Wiggler

Post by DickMarker »

BugBrand wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:51 am Never say never but super unlikely.
So what you're really saying is, we're in with a chance ;o
northerntao
Wiggling with Experience

Post by northerntao »

DickMarker wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:36 am personally would love a new tanker module, with exposed springs.
Right after the DRM1 and Noisecrusher reissues! :D

Return to “BugBrand Devices”