Fun with Bug blanks

Modular and other sound devices from BugBrand.

Moderators: Kent, BugBrand

elmerfudd
Wiggling with Experience

Fun with Bug blanks

Post by elmerfudd »

Finally got around to this. The dimples with tiny center holes makes layout and DIY on the blank covers super easy. Sort of went all out and crammed every thing in on this one, all fits like a glove. Banana, 1/4 and tini jacks (Buchla) X 5 on a single width.
L1140093.JPG
L1140095.JPG
L1140096.JPG
BananaPlug
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Fun with Bug blanks

Post by BananaPlug »

That's pretty much exactly something that's been on my to-do list. Well done. Is there room for a couple toggle switches at the bottom, for muting or routing some of those jack trios.
:nana:
elmerfudd
Wiggling with Experience

Post by elmerfudd »

Yes, I had considered doing that, but couldn’t find a compelling reason. Tom’s spacing, by careful planning no doubt, is perfect for pomona shorting bars. Can mult clusters that way. Did consider switches to jacks on the rear of the boat, but that didn’t fit my purpose.
BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand »

elmerfudd wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:00 pm Tom’s spacing, by careful planning no doubt, is perfect for pomona shorting bars.
Yes, I kind of stumbled in to the fact that my 0.75" spacing on modules is perfect for the shorting bars - I now use them regularly for sub-patches within my own systems on adjacent modules (eg. VCO to VCF to VCA to Delay). So I must have spaced the little drill holes on the blanks accordingly!

Nice work!
batchas
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by batchas »

À propos shorting bars, on Grilles you can connect like this its clock output to the clock input of Le Seq. Just in case...

Return to “BugBrand Devices”