Exciting New 5FW design? [Sequence]

Modular and other sound devices from BugBrand.

Moderators: Kent, BugBrand

chrisdermo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Exciting New 5FW design? [Sequence]

Post by chrisdermo »

Huge congrats on this module Tom, it's so ridiculously playable it feels so natural to be constantly reprogramming the gate busses and changing the first/last steps etc, the ergonomics of the design are quite astonishing. 2/4/8 divisions built in with the Q outs really handy for adding animation to patches (I had wondered about the lack of step outs compared to the old seq1 but tended to use similar steps anyway). 8 Step tuning all in a row so much better than 2 rows of four. Gated/full pers step rather than per bus also really nice touch and really lets you get wonky when pinging directly from the gate outs.

Could easily power a solid performance as part of a 2 framer from this + voices.
Resets on these sort of modules always feels a little iffy but this is bang on the dot.

It was a long time coming but totally worth the wait. Kinda sad I don't own a drm1+X any more as this plus that would be mega.
WTB / WTTF: Bugbrand PRC2B, ENV1

Current Bugs frame:
https://www.modulargrid.net/f/racks/view/1340165
BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand »

Yahoo!
Well, the 1st batch is now finally being built (Chris got one of the two initial ones I made up to check everything over).
Hmm, I still haven't finished the documentation.
BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand »

OK - the listing page has been updated - have a read.. a fair bit to digest ;)
https://www.bugbrand.co.uk/product/sequence/

The first batch is now built & awaiting testing - most of them are already earmarked for people who've given me a nudge but do send me an email to discuss.

I'll see about getting a video done before too long!
seeasound
Wiggling with Experience

Post by seeasound »

Definitely planning for this one..love all the possibilities with the rear headers!

Curious as to what you would use for the CNTRL inputs?
BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand »

seeasound wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:00 am Curious as to what you would use for the CNTRL inputs?
Something not yet finished... I put it on just in case really.
seeasound
Wiggling with Experience

Post by seeasound »

Yea rad that this is quite a clean n simple out the frontside freaky from the backside(sorry)lil sequencing system you've got going on!
Does the BBV have headers to receive gates?
BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand »

seeasound wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:16 am Does the BBV have headers to receive gates?
Nope [a non-freaky backside ;)] - just the Ext bit inputs - but the good thing there is that it is easier to re-arrange & thus get away from the same old same old.. Would tie in nicely with the Diode Director or maybe I finally need to do some sort of sequential switch (think I came up with an arrangement but now can't remember .. hohum)
seeasound
Wiggling with Experience

Post by seeasound »

Im new to all things logic in modular so itll be great to have these designs to get me patching on those lines.
northerntao
Wiggling with Experience

Post by northerntao »

BugBrand wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:25 am Nope [a non-freaky backside ;)] - just the Ext bit inputs - but the good thing there is that it is easier to re-arrange & thus get away from the same old same old.. Would tie in nicely with the Diode Director or maybe I finally need to do some sort of sequential switch (think I came up with an arrangement but now can't remember .. hohum)
I’m thinking of mounting my BBV upside down over the bit counter on the Sequence to make the cable path short.

And I’m really trying to avoid the instabuy on anything BugBrand, and have failed in most cases, but this really does fill a gap (I really convince myself here!) - the DDSR and BBV work as sequencers, and batchas Le Seq module is a more traditional sequencer (minus gate, don’t have the expander), but I still use external sequencers in most patches / jams . The reset “loop” is a cool feature and I don’t have a 960ish module (CTL-1 is sort of one I guess).
/\/\/\/
Common Wiggler

Post by /\/\/\/ »

Oh my...

Bussing this to the DDSR is pretty much rhythm magic. Infinite grooves.

Here's a few excerpts from first day jam. 100% Bug sounds and Sequence (only external is a reverb), same patch with a few tweaks:
sequence01.mp3
(4.6 MiB) Downloaded 11 times
sequence02.mp3
(4.6 MiB) Downloaded 11 times
sequence03.mp3
(4.6 MiB) Downloaded 10 times
northerntao
Wiggling with Experience

Post by northerntao »

/\/\/\/ wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:33 am Oh my...

Bussing this to the DDSR is pretty much rhythm magic. Infinite grooves.

Here's a few excerpts from first day jam. 100% Bug sounds and Sequence (only external is a reverb), same patch with a few tweaks:

sequence01.mp3
sequence02.mp3
sequence03.mp3
Like those sounds - have an 80s sound (don’t know if its intentional) I appreciate.

My Sequence arrived yesterday, along with the expansion cables, and Jas’s Grilles module (thanks batchas too!). Gonna redo my Bug frames this weekend and mod my DDiv to be driven by the Sequence.

Don’t know why the image is upside down - didn’t take it that way.
B1F538F0-E634-4307-A96B-2A45111A6F99.jpeg
batchas
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by batchas »

northerntao wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:02 pm My Sequence arrived yesterday, along with the expansion cables, and Jas’s Grilles module (thanks batchas too!).
:tu: :tu: :tu:
Time for fun!
Pagoda-100
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Pagoda-100 »

I have a package on the way with the exact same contents plus a mod'd DD!
Too bad the UPS customs agency is using it for a foot rest...

northerntao wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:02 pm
/\/\/\/ wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:33 am

My Sequence arrived yesterday, along with the expansion cables, and Jas’s Grilles module (thanks batchas too!). Gonna redo my Bug frames this weekend and mod my DDiv to be driven by the Sequence.
northerntao
Wiggling with Experience

Post by northerntao »

Pagoda-100 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:21 am I have a package on the way with the exact same contents plus a mod'd DD!
I was surprised how quick it made it to me - in Alaska! Got here two days earlier than the estimate. Royal Mail to USPS - about a week. Earlier during the pandemic, when regular mail was backed up, when it was flowing at all, Tom sent a couple things via UPS. They would usually arrive in 2 days, but it was twice the price!
BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand »

Pagoda-100 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:21 am I have a package on the way with the exact same contents plus a mod'd DD!
USPS rather than UPS, surely?
Sad to hear that there are still delays in the system - so frustrating!
Pagoda-100
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Pagoda-100 »

Yea they are both still slow within the US.
Crazy that packages make it from the UK or Berlin in less than two days but our systems screech to a halt while they decide when to reach out and collect brokerage…
Part of the game I suppose. Not the end of the world as I’m sorta stuck in an endless ocd loop trying to decide the new layout!
/\/\/\/
Common Wiggler

Post by /\/\/\/ »

northerntao wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:02 pm Like those sounds - have an 80s sound (don’t know if its intentional) I appreciate.
:hihi: let's go with semi-intentional. I think it's the VC glide put through a Quantizer, makes it a little chip-tune sounding. On the 2V setting the pots should be easy enough to fine-tune by hand as well.
northerntao wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:02 pm My Sequence arrived yesterday, along with the expansion cables, and Jas’s Grilles module (thanks batchas too!). Gonna redo my Bug frames this weekend and mod my DDiv to be driven by the Sequence.
That's a huge expansion between those two modules!
BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand »

I forgot to say YAY to the demo sounds - super nice!

Return to “BugBrand Devices”