Show us your Bugbrand Set up

Modular and other sound devices from BugBrand.

Moderators: Kent, BugBrand

batchas
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Show us your Bugbrand Set up

Post by batchas »

athletic_beetle wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:38 am here is what it sounds like!
Thanx for sharing. I like the fast parts. Very cool!
batchas
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by batchas »

shred wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:03 pm welcomed a new addition today :mrgreen:
it's just lovely. and super flexible! sadly it's taken the spot of my Chirper, which will probably move on, as I don't want to spread beyond a 3F setup.

IMG-6226.jpg
Lovely and super flexible indeed.
All this BugBrand red series is really awesome.
BananaPlug
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BananaPlug »

I apologize for this not being 100% BugBrand but BugBrand sounds clearly dominate this portable setup.
I've been soaking in new sounds since making room for a Makenoise Mimeophon. Here's a recording featuring Chirpers and delays. Starts with Chirper #1 and the Mimeophon, then Chirper #2 with the BugBrand PT Delay (some Crossover filter too). At about 4:50 there's BugBrand's Dual Filter with a Fairfield ring mod pedal. At 6:20 you hear the piezo metal gadget with the Ditto looper pedal. I added filtered noise and conclude with a wailing Chirper/PTD freakout!

LISTEN (7:42)
Portable-May2021_4690-640.jpg
:nana:
petro
Learning to Wiggle

Post by petro »

Muff
petro
Learning to Wiggle

Post by petro »

this set, it reminds me of a korg ms20
Muff
fredguy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by fredguy »

Module shuffled this weekend.

All blue.
big bug.jpg
Springtanker in its own case, stand alone mixed red and blue, red channel strip.
morebug.jpg
"I drink gin, and once, when drinking gin, I made a large man cry." Bill Murray
chrisdermo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by chrisdermo »

PXL_20211002_105831630.jpg
Here's my humble 2 X 14 system. Needs one more voice I think, but not sure where I could lose something for it!
WTB / WTTF: Bugbrand PRC2B, ENV1

Current Bugs frame:
https://www.modulargrid.net/f/racks/view/1340165
radams
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by radams »

I notice there are lots of mixtures of old blue and new. I thought there were some power differences/issues? My system is all old blue. Any problems mixing new ones in?
BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand »

The difference is on the type of power + some associated updated approaches within modules - but both use the same MTA100 & voltages.
Current designs work fine in old-blue setups (linear PSUs), but I don't recommend vica-versa (putting old blues in current setups - these use switching DCDC supplies) - they *work*, but there can be some gremlins (eg. LFO affecting frequency of VCO).

^^Nice systems!^^
radams
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by radams »

Thanks Tom! I'll have no fear then! Hope all is well.
fredguy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by fredguy »

BugBrand wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:22 pm The difference is on the type of power + some associated updated approaches within modules - but both use the same MTA100 & voltages.
Current designs work fine in old-blue setups (linear PSUs), but I don't recommend vica-versa (putting old blues in current setups - these use switching DCDC supplies) - they *work*, but there can be some gremlins (eg. LFO affecting frequency of VCO).

^^Nice systems!^^
FWIW before I split my system into the two shown above the two row switching supply case was full of mostly old blue modules for a couple of years without issues. YMMV offer not valid in California.

Since splitting into two cases I have really enjoyed the 2x11 system. I never fully appreciated the DDSR for clocking and CV duties in a larger system.

Thanks Tom :hail:
"I drink gin, and once, when drinking gin, I made a large man cry." Bill Murray
BananaPlug
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BananaPlug »

Here's a sneak peek of a new eurofrac system I'm building. More than 50% BugBrand when complete!
The big gap is reserved for anticipated new BugBrand stuff.
The empty 8hp is for an NLC 8-bit Cipher. A few more modules are mounted on the sides.
shred
desperation tentacle

Post by shred »

looks nice, BananaPlug! I'm curious to hear how this system will be used in contrast to your recent Chirper focused systems. or maybe that big gap will eventually be a blue Chirper? :hihi:
A Dingleberry Monstrosity wrote:CATS OR GTFO!!!!!

www.shredderghost.bandcamp.com

BananaPlug
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BananaPlug »

You guessed it! That space is held back for the 3fw Chirper and possibly the expander whatever that turns out to be.

I intend this setup to be more pattern based and generative and I expect to do more repatching with it. The Chirper based system I use is meant for live performance and the patching doesn't change much. With two Chirpers I can use them the way a DJ uses two platters. There's always somewhere to go.

Surely there will be drop/add in the early months of this new system but here's the overview. The top row's middle third (smaller knobs) is packed with more than a dozen basic functions for patching just about anything. That row of white NLC modules is good for at least a couple of voices. The middle row is a straight ahead VCO, Filter, VCA voice. Adjacent Touch Panel and Penrose will generally go with it. At the lower right corner are two brainy modules I'll need to study (Voltage Memory and Tempi). I'm leaning on them for timing and stepped modulation.

The matrix mixer will mix audio as a mono mix with three aux buses for a delay pedal (Teil1), reverb (ADM05) and compressor/distortion (DPW Shape). By the way, hidden on the right side are a Jerkster Chaos module (ten turn pots!) and a repaneled Blacet 2420 (dual manual filters).

I powered it up for the first time on Friday and didn't blow anything up! :tu:
chrisdermo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by chrisdermo »

Just put this beast together after my care package from Tom arrived!
Eventually will move the CTL1 out standalone with my other one and fill those 3 gaps with a DIY bank of switches that can make/break connections in a performative way, a noise module whenever that happens (poke poke Tom! :hihi:) and some other as yet undecided 3rd module
PXL_20220201_145126727.MP.jpg
WTB / WTTF: Bugbrand PRC2B, ENV1

Current Bugs frame:
https://www.modulargrid.net/f/racks/view/1340165
justin3am
Let's go do some crimes

Post by justin3am »

A package arrived today and boy am I stoked!
Here are some sounds from my first few minutes with this system (modulation from R*S DUSG and SSG).

I'm still not sure how to fill the last two spaces. A dual envelope would make this a nice standalone system but a joy stick, Penrose or some logic would be more useful in terms expanding my other banana based synths. I'm really happy with the sound of these modules I can't wait to spend more time with them.

Return to “BugBrand Devices”