Matrix

Modular and other sound devices from BugBrand.

Moderators: Kent, BugBrand

northerntao
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Matrix

Post by northerntao »

I’ve been a little frustrated with my matrix mixer. Just using it to mix audio and CV has been a little underwhelming, especially when I can usually do much of what I need with the Dual Mix and a the 1FW DC Mixer, and the matrix eats a lot of real estate.

But now that I have more BB sequencers (CTL1, DDSR, BBV, and a Scrotum Labs Le Seq), I was lamenting not having a sequential switch in BB format to easily switch between them. It dawned on me that I can use the matrix mixer as a performance switch to route sequences to sources. Door opened!
otoskope
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by otoskope »

northerntao wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:37 pm It dawned on me that I can use the matrix mixer as a performance switch to route sequences to sources.
An excellent use of matrix mixers is to create several simultaneous new sequences and patterns by making several different mixes of CV sources (seqs, LFOs, whatever). That's my main application of it, actually.
The brain is always greener on the other side.

soundcloud1 soundcloud2
bandcamp
youtube
northerntao
Wiggling with Experience

Post by northerntao »

otoskope wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:47 pm An excellent use of matrix mixers is to create several simultaneous new sequences and patterns by making several different mixes of CV sources (seqs, LFOs, whatever). That's my main application of it, actually.
I’ve just used it mostly as internal audio sends and combined CV modulation, generating odd LFOs and such with inversions, but not really much in the way of new sequence generation or modulation. Unless I use an external sequencer, my sequences have been fairly boring. Exciting possibilities. Thanks!
Last edited by northerntao on Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
metamorphmuses
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by metamorphmuses »

Any chance of a standalone 1/4" / 6.35mm line level Bugbrand Matrix mixer being made again in the near future?
otoskope
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by otoskope »

There was a proto 5x5 jack matrix a few years ago. I have it - love it! It's excellent for the red modules/standalones. We should bug Tom about it (pun intended).
The brain is always greener on the other side.

soundcloud1 soundcloud2
bandcamp
youtube
/\/\/\/
Common Wiggler

Post by /\/\/\/ »

This would be an essential for me. Sure it could be found outside of the system but... I like having everything together.
BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand »

Afraid not...

Return to “BugBrand Devices”