d.c. offset- hash wars ii (bugbrand "ambient" album)

Modular and other sound devices from BugBrand.

Moderators: Kent, BugBrand

dogoftears
Puddle of Sealions

d.c. offset- hash wars ii (bugbrand "ambient" album)

Post by dogoftears »

i have 3 projects; the dog of tears (trance), a.c. lyon (beat oriented not-trance, mostly IDM), and d.c. offset (experimental "drone" ambient and/or noise with no defined tempo).

presented here, 8 years in the making, is d.c. offset's opus-- 6 individual experimental slabs of gelatinous mind dust, selected carefully from a large collection of recorded material, both sidereal and intentional. best enjoyed while stranded in the desert, trekking the himalayas, or watching the moon set on the horizon of an alien planet.

mainly focused around the frac-bug modular, but also featuring heavy use of ciat lonbarde instruments, madrona labs kaivo, prepared guitar on #5, and a bit of elektron a4. all recorded live.

the goal here was "it should be as powerful as a coil album"... kind of a lofty objective, but hopefully i'm somewhere near the target.
http://xexify.bandcamp.com
Nelson Baboon wrote: What do you mean by 'really is'? You mean, what do I look like? Just look in a fucking National Geographic.
northerntao
Wiggling with Experience

Re: d.c. offset- hash wars ii (bugbrand "ambient" album)

Post by northerntao »

Really like this - and I like Coil. I’ll check the rest out.
metamorphmuses
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by metamorphmuses »

Excellent work! I put it on my Bandcamp wishlist and am checking out your other albums.
dogoftears
Puddle of Sealions

Post by dogoftears »

metamorphmuses wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:39 pm Excellent work! I put it on my Bandcamp wishlist and am checking out your other albums.
thanks very much!
hope you enjoy. it's turning into a pretty solid collection of my different projects on that BC page. make sure to check out dogspiral2 if you are into trance music.
Nelson Baboon wrote: What do you mean by 'really is'? You mean, what do I look like? Just look in a fucking National Geographic.
dogoftears
Puddle of Sealions

Post by dogoftears »

northerntao wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:10 pm Really like this - and I like Coil. I’ll check the rest out.
Time Machines, Musick 1 and 2, Queens of the Circulating Library, Black Antlers, Constant Shallowness Leads to Evil-- all big influences on the DC Offset sound. there needs to be more "emo" ambient
adam s
º¿º

Post by adam s »

I got a ridiculous contact high from this album! Great work dogoftears.

Return to “BugBrand Devices”