a.c. lyon- petrified ice (bugbrand techno album)

Modular and other sound devices from BugBrand.

Moderators: Kent, BugBrand

dogoftears
Puddle of Sealions

a.c. lyon- petrified ice (bugbrand techno album)

Post by dogoftears »

"techno" music made with frac-bugbrand modular and a bastl thyme. all sequencing done within the system, all tracks recorded live with some editing afterward.

enjoy!
http://xexify.bandcamp.com
Nelson Baboon wrote: What do you mean by 'really is'? You mean, what do I look like? Just look in a fucking National Geographic.
/\/\/\/
Common Wiggler

Re: a.c. lyon- petrified ice (bugbrand techno album)

Post by /\/\/\/ »

I'm 1 minute in and already have to say this rocks! definitely gonna play this one loud for my whole house to enjoy ;)
BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand »

Ace, Dave!
"Unfortunately, Berliners seem to have a very myopic view of what "techno" is, and the set was not received well" - argh!
drowld
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by drowld »

Yohhh this is sick !!
Wtf they didnt liked it ? I mean kitkat isnt that great of a club anyway imo
dogoftears
Puddle of Sealions

Post by dogoftears »

lol, i agree kit kat is not so great... i was unimpressed with both the sound and the smell

i had 2 pretty odd things happen to me while playing there. first i played my trance set upstairs in the main room. lots of costumed freaks going nuts, totally packed dancefloor, people having bondage sex in the rafters, the whole 9 yards. it was going great and i was reaching the climax of my set, when the bartender of all people appeared in the DJ booth, and tried to describe to me repeatedly that it just wasnt right, i was doing something wrong, i needed to fix it, i was ruining *everything*...

i looked at her. i looked at the packed dancefloor. i looked back at her. "i think i'm doing ok" i said. she continued to complain before stomping out of the tiny DJ booth she had cornered me in, obviously still frustrated.

a couple minutes later the fucking bouncer, yes the bouncer appears... in the tiny dj booth. he starts chest bumping me and generally being very threatening, telling me how horrible the music is and that i need to turn it down. well, now i'm pretty scared, so i start turning down the music a little bit. but he won't back off. so i kept reducing it. at this point people on the dancefloor are giving me WTF looks, and slowly starting to clear as the volume gets sand bagged. he wouldn't leave the booth until it was basically whisper quiet. it sucked. dancefloor half empty afterwards. party promoter didnt get wind of this for another 15 minutes, when i was basically finishing up my set.

then i went downstairs to play my techno set. i saw the dancefloor there was already pretty empty (it was about 7 or 8 am at this point), which was a relief, i knew that if i got 1 or 2 people dancing it would basically be a success. i started playing. some people started dancing. i think it peaked at about 10-12 people dancing, and i thought, great, i got some people moving. then they started to thin out, unsurprising since it was now late in the morning and the club closes at around 10 am. i noticed that this woman had been staring at me cross armed, brows furrowed, for nearly the entire 2nd half of my set. finally, during "tyrannosaurus dance contest," she came up to me and asked "is this music all yours?" "yes" i replied. to which she then said- "it SUCKS!"-- then stood there in front of my face for another minute or two, arms crossed, staring at me. i smiled and told her im sorry and she doesn't have to listen to it.

and that, folks, was my last gig before the pandemic. february 2020. i am playing my first show next weekend and needless to say, i'm anxious to get that taste out of my mouth!

thanks everyone for checking out the album. i've got more stuff coming, really trying to catch up on all the piles of albums just chilling on my hard drives.
Nelson Baboon wrote: What do you mean by 'really is'? You mean, what do I look like? Just look in a fucking National Geographic.
BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand »

Oh man! Berlin dance scene can definitely be full on & intense - also sounds like drugs playing quite a factor in the behaviour of these individuals.
Here's to your show next weekend!
dogoftears
Puddle of Sealions

Post by dogoftears »

BugBrand wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:29 pm Oh man! Berlin dance scene can definitely be full on & intense - also sounds like drugs playing quite a factor in the behaviour of these individuals.
Here's to your show next weekend!
ha, perhaps, or maybe not enough drugs...

Return to “BugBrand Devices”