2130 VCO (finally a larger VCO!)

Modular and other sound devices from BugBrand.

Moderators: Kent, BugBrand

BTG
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: 2130 VCO (finally a larger VCO!)

Post by BTG »

Same, very interested!
a100user
All the gear, no idea!

Post by a100user »

Missed this thread, otoskope’s phaser VCO demo brought me here, looks great Tom and I agree the wave mod is a better choice than PWM.
lud
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lud »

Yeah I really missed the wave mod left off the newer compact vco design Vs the old blue one and ended up just sticking with old
northerntao
Wiggling with Experience

Post by northerntao »

Is TZFM something that can be accomplished with a pair of the CVCOs and another module(s? Some way to add the frequency/pitch that goes past zero back as positive? If I’m understanding it correctly - FM has been way more art than science to me.
BananaPlug
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BananaPlug »

The perceptual thing about how we perceive low frequency, infrasonic clicks transitioning towards continuous tones, is a favorite area to explore. The chip specs say Frequency Sweep Range is a thousand to one and the module provides two 1V/O inputs, so dialing in something like 2Hz to 2KHz is doable right? Just checking.
:nana:
BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand »

northerntao wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:17 pm Is TZFM something that can be accomplished with a pair of the CVCOs and another module(s? Some way to add the frequency/pitch that goes past zero back as positive? If I’m understanding it correctly - FM has been way more art than science to me.
No - it is either extra circuitry on the Lin FM input or, in this case, that same circuitry incorporated into the VCO chip itself.
BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand »

BananaPlug wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:31 am The perceptual thing about how we perceive low frequency, infrasonic clicks transitioning towards continuous tones, is a favorite area to explore. The chip specs say Frequency Sweep Range is a thousand to one and the module provides two 1V/O inputs, so dialing in something like 2Hz to 2KHz is doable right? Just checking.
I just checked this on an old proto (didn't have a production one to hand) and it turns out that in VCO mode (small timing cap) the range bottoms out at about 1.2Hz (using a negative DC offset) - so, yes, you should be good to go there.
Harko
Common Wiggler

Post by Harko »

I'm looking forward to hearing some demos!
BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand »

There are some demos and details up now - check the updated first post!

Return to “BugBrand Devices”