New MI modules (only names for now)

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford

ether
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ether »

mwvm wrote:
amnesia wrote:Granular is so year 2000 sound. GRM tools etc
I preferred 1999 granular tbh. Vintage year for grains
CV-able granular in the modular domain remains an under-explored territory though.
Summa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Summa »

ether wrote:
mwvm wrote:
CV-able granular in the modular domain remains an under-explored territory though.
nope
ether
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ether »

Summa wrote:
ether wrote:
mwvm wrote:
nope
No? Where's a module with lots of control over number of grains, speed, direction, spread, pitch, etc., and with excellent audio quality? A few things tick some of the boxes, but we've only scratched the surface so far imho.
scottmoon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by scottmoon »

ignatius wrote:He updated his FB page. Product demos on the 20th but modules delayed a few weeks.
:waah: :waah: :waah:
"If you think this world is bad, you should see some of the others" - PKD

My band's noise https://soundcloud.com/lunarasylum
MrNovember
Ultra Wiggler

Post by MrNovember »

scottmoon wrote:
ignatius wrote:He updated his FB page. Product demos on the 20th but modules delayed a few weeks.
:waah: :waah: :waah:
The thing that is killing me is not actually knowing what the modules are, so a couple more weeks isn't that bad as long as I still get to find out what they are on the 20th :despair:
Kummer
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Kummer »

ether wrote:
Summa wrote:
ether wrote:
mwvm wrote:
nope
No? Where's a module with lots of control over number of grains, speed, direction, spread, pitch, etc., and with excellent audio quality? A few things tick some of the boxes, but we've only scratched the surface so far imho.
All I know is that the G0 is the sh#t and can do most of those things and it's sound quality is fantastic.
ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius »

Kummer wrote: All I know is that the G0 is the sh#t and can do most of those things and it's sound quality is fantastic.
some people (me :) ) find the interface/zoom control problematic.

anyway... more the merrier. other manufacturer's takes on things are always good for the goose/gander ay?
meatbeatz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by meatbeatz »

The Mungo zoom adds a MASSIVE extended range to the panel controls which is why most are confused by it. You can always not use the zoom and it will function like any other module. I consider the extended range a bonus not a hindrance. People want audio rate and ultra low frequency modulation. With the zoom control Mungo takes it much further in both directions.

As for Mutable, the man can do no wrong! I like how Olivier's disadvantage in manufacturing costs/exchange rates helps push him to real innovation. Can't wait to see/hear what he's come up with. :tu:
fusionid
Common Wiggler

Post by fusionid »

ripples is a beast.

There, my favorite filter ever.
ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius »

meatbeatz wrote:The Mungo zoom adds a MASSIVE extended range to the panel controls which is why most are confused by it. You can always not use the zoom and it will function like any other module. I consider the extended range a bonus not a hindrance. People want audio rate and ultra low frequency modulation. With the zoom control Mungo takes it much further in both directions.
i agree on all those points except i could never ever ever get it (w/or w/o the zoom expander) to do anything twice. repeating anything and "undoing" zoom or zooming in/out etc seemed like it required me to do a prayer and then throw a coin into a fountain and make a wish to get it to work. i've been told that the 3rd party memory/preset module is a really helpful thing for the mungo modules and leads to some really fascinating new sounds when changing presets. however.. i've been down the path w/the d0 and will not go back.. i'm probably too stupid to use them.

so, hopefully other things w/similar functionality and sound quality will make it to the world since i don't think i'm alone in wanting creative and inspiring modules withintuitive interfaces to match
meatbeatz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by meatbeatz »

^^ for real. It took me a while to get me ed around it but since I ain't looked back. even so a MI granular thingy would be more than welcome in my rack. exciting times!
moofi
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by moofi »

Well, at least the one I linked to has got voltage control within Reason (even if Reason´s voltage control is at 1/64 of audioresolution) then it´s all about sound, haptics + resonance from hardware or a modular in specific I find.
soundwave106 wrote:
Well, really, 2011 sound if you count the more interesting (these days) GRM Tools Evolution bundle.

Plugins lacks voltage control though. :party:
Kummer
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Kummer »

ignatius wrote:
Kummer wrote: All I know is that the G0 is the sh#t and can do most of those things and it's sound quality is fantastic.
some people (me :) ) find the interface/zoom control problematic.

anyway... more the merrier. other manufacturer's takes on things are always good for the goose/gander ay?
For sure! I am really looking forward to what MI have in coming out. No one product is the end all be all of granular synthesis. I was just pointing out that granular processing has and is currently being explored in the modular realm.
z3r01
The Mighty Souls

Post by z3r01 »

bennelong.bicyclist wrote:
z3r01 wrote:From the Streams placeholder on ModularGrid:

Dual dynamics gate

Digital
Two halves
synthesis blocks/algorithms
DSP code
Trigger & cv inputs
V/Oct
2-3 voices of polyphony
stereo/spatial/verb output mode
“signature” code which adds a handful of random modulations and parameter shifts from the MCU serial number
„performance tuning“?
34-HP, 27 pots, 13 CV inputs
That's Elements, not Streams. Someone has taken some much earlier hypotheses from the MI forum, put them on ModularGrid, yhen not bothered to update them as more accurate information has come to light.
Oops, my bad. Sorry. :oops:
bennelong.bicyclist
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bennelong.bicyclist »

z3r01 wrote:

Dual dynamics gate

Digital
Two halves
DSP code
Trigger & cv inputs
V/Oct
2-3 voices of polyphony
“signature” code which adds a handful of random modulations and parameter shifts from the MCU serial number
„performance tuning“?
That's Elements, not Streams. Someone has taken some much earlier hypotheses from the MI forum, put them on ModularGrid, yhen not bothered to update them as more accurate information has come to light.
Well, Streams is a stereo dynamics gate. but the description beneath that - 34HP etc - is definitely for Elements, which is a physical modelling signal source, probably based on one or more types of pitch-synchronous granular processing.
exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper »

Where are you guys seeing these entries?
______________________________________________________________________________________________

FS US only: Five12 Vector, Xaoc Odessa, Intellijel Plonk, Akai Force, and Akai controllers.
seank
Veteran Wiggler

Post by seank »

has this been posted yet?

mckenic

Post by mckenic »

Yup
soundwave106
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by soundwave106 »

moofi wrote:Well, at least the one I linked to has got voltage control within Reason (even if Reason´s voltage control is at 1/64 of audioresolution) then it´s all about sound, haptics + resonance from hardware or a modular in specific I find.
Well, yes, but Reason's "virtual control voltage" "won't" interact with modular "control voltage" very well. :) (I know there are options, such as Expert Sleepers for CV and insert / return channels for the audio, to integrate PC and plugins to some degree. These options are too fiddly for me. :p )

"Granular synthesis" is a bit of a generic term, there are a lot of styles of granular. If nothing else, we get to see Olivier's take on it. Which will be interesting.
moofi
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by moofi »

Just wanted to mention there are CV-controllable plugins. Then pointing out besides assumingly every granular approach differs from another I very much prefer a modular one for the given reasons ;-)
soundwave106 wrote:
moofi wrote:Well, at least the one I linked to has got voltage control within Reason (even if Reason´s voltage control is at 1/64 of audioresolution) then it´s all about sound, haptics + resonance from hardware or a modular in specific I find.
Well, yes, but Reason's "virtual control voltage" "won't" interact with modular "control voltage" very well. :) (I know there are options, such as Expert Sleepers for CV and insert / return channels for the audio, to integrate PC and plugins to some degree. These options are too fiddly for me. :p )

"Granular synthesis" is a bit of a generic term, there are a lot of styles of granular. If nothing else, we get to see Olivier's take on it. Which will be interesting.
Apola Kipso
Common Wiggler

Post by Apola Kipso »

z3r01 wrote:

Dual dynamics gate

Digital
Two halves
DSP code
Trigger & cv inputs
V/Oct
2-3 voices of polyphony
„performance tuning“?
Well, Streams is a stereo dynamics gate. but the description beneath that - 34HP etc - is definitely for Elements, which is a physical modelling signal source, probably based on one or more types of pitch-synchronous granular processing.
Which module are you guys talking about? If you can see this module the "private" feature on MG is definitely broken:
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/mutable-in ... ts-streams

I added the modules with the info I had at the time and made it private, just planning my own rack. Has this issue been raised on the MG thread?

I took the fact that mine were the only incarnations of the new modules as a hint that everyone was probably putting in their own private placeholders to pass the time...

Sorry for the confusion, the big red "private" tag made me think that module was... private :party:
sixty_n
Wiggling with Experience

Post by sixty_n »

yes, I can see that
Apola Kipso
Common Wiggler

Post by Apola Kipso »

sixty_n wrote:yes, I can see that
I filed a bug report on the MG forum:
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/forum/post ... 1#post1124

However, if I totally misunderstood what the "private" tag is supposed to do, please let me know :hmm:
sixty_n
Wiggling with Experience

Post by sixty_n »

I think you are right, racks marked as private aren't accessible to anyone else
bennelong.bicyclist
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bennelong.bicyclist »

Apola Kipso wrote: Which module are you guys talking about? If you can see this module the "private" feature on MG is definitely broken:
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/mutable-in ... ts-streams

I added the modules with the info I had at the time and made it private, just planning my own rack. Has this issue been raised on the MG thread?

I took the fact that mine were the only incarnations of the new modules as a hint that everyone was probably putting in their own private placeholders to pass the time...

Sorry for the confusion, the big red "private" tag made me think that module was... private :party:
Yup, all god's children can see it.

Here is what it says on the module submission page on MG:

As it says, anyone who knows the URL can access the module page. I would suggest deleting it if at all possible, since it is misinformation.
Last edited by bennelong.bicyclist on Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”