[-Closed-] High-Quality Multi-Purpose 3.5mm Jacks

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!
NV
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by NV »

I've just sent PMs out to everyone to gather PayPal and shipping addresses for invoicing. These should have gone out to everyone, so if you didn't get one then please let me know. While you're letting me know, also let me know your PayPal and shipping address.

As for a little half-update, I heard from the factory today that they may be able to ship the jacks out next week or possibly even earlier. Wait and see and all that, but the jacks may end up getting here quicker than expected. Hold on to your butts.
Memory_Leak
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Memory_Leak »

NV wrote:I've just sent PMs out to everyone to gather PayPal and shipping addresses for invoicing. These should have gone out to everyone, so if you didn't get one then please let me know. While you're letting me know, also let me know your PayPal and shipping address.

As for a little half-update, I heard from the factory today that they may be able to ship the jacks out next week or possibly even earlier. Wait and see and all that, but the jacks may end up getting here quicker than expected. Hold on to your butts.
great news mate :)
We bend the truth to accommodate our human weakness.
NV
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by NV »

The factory informed me recently that the jacks have officially been shipped. They'll need to pass through customs and so forth but barring any dramatic issues they should be here soon (IE, within the week).

I've just sent invoices out to everyone who has PMed me their PayPal and shipping address. If you didn't receive an invoice please let me know - it likely means that I never received a PM from you with your PayPal/shipping address. I'll be updating the order lists today with invoice data to help people keep track of things.

Also of note, I crammed some goddamn calculus down on these friggin' jacks and determined that I'll be able to do the following for shipping within the US:

$7 --- 300 or fewer jacks (formerly 100 or fewer)
$15 --- 350 to 1,500 jacks

This won't affect some people at all but it should save others a bit of cash and hassle, particularly those with 150-300 jacks or the very large orders.

Also as of now I have 600 extra jacks coming, so if you want to pack your new and improved shipping box with some more jacks let me know and I can update your invoice.
idiotunderground
Common Wiggler

Post by idiotunderground »

PMed my info but have not received an invoice
roglok
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by roglok »

idiotunderground wrote:PMed my info but have not received an invoice
same here :despair:
NV
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by NV »

For those who have not received an invoice but are in the "Sent" category of the order list, please log into and check your PayPal account. I've heard from a few people who thought they had not received invoices when it was in their PayPal account but PayPal hadn't notified them of it for some reason. If it's still not there let me know and I'll re-send it.
roglok
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by roglok »

NV wrote:For those who have not received an invoice but are in the "Sent" category of the order list, please log into and check your PayPal account. I've heard from a few people who thought they had not received invoices when it was in their PayPal account but PayPal hadn't notified them of it for some reason. If it's still not there let me know and I'll re-send it.
This! Just paid, thanks! :tu:
idiotunderground
Common Wiggler

Post by idiotunderground »

roglok wrote:
NV wrote:For those who have not received an invoice but are in the "Sent" category of the order list, please log into and check your PayPal account. I've heard from a few people who thought they had not received invoices when it was in their PayPal account but PayPal hadn't notified them of it for some reason. If it's still not there let me know and I'll re-send it.
This! Just paid, thanks! :tu:
same. payment sent!
aladan
Desperately Seeking Sondra

Post by aladan »

Paypal! Same has happened to me. :bang: Payment sent now :tu:
Silesius
Common Wiggler

Post by Silesius »

Payment sent. Thanks!!
mikecameron
Thread Killer

Post by mikecameron »

glad i checked the thread. Paypal did not notify. Paid!
Junk Rhythm
Big Bottom Shaker

Post by Junk Rhythm »

Same PayPal issue here. Paid up last night.
lessavyfav
Ultra Wiggler

Post by lessavyfav »

Same issue. Payment sent
I'm Tim and I'm excited for modular synthesis! :nana:
NV
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by NV »

I've gotten a few email PM notifications from "member ____" (completely blank) with a similarly blank message. If someone out there is sending me PMs and feels like I'm completely ignoring them please post in this thread. The PM overlords seem to disapprove of our relationship.
glitchpop
Fuck! Building synthesizers is art

Post by glitchpop »

Also paid thanks :guinness:
NV
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by NV »

The jacks have officially arrived!

I'll be spending some time counting, organizing, and packaging them before they head your way. They're all packed up separately so counting 10,000 jacks also means counting 10,000 nuts - in short, it will take a bit.

For all of the shipments under my name in the orders section, once I finish counting things out I'll be shipping them as payments come in. Please note however that for the international shipments (under Microscopial and Very Angry Mobster's names) all of the orders will be placed in one box. In other words all of the individual payments on those lists must come in before I can ship any of those orders out. For those under the international orders please try to get your payments in as soon as you can so that everyone can get their jacks heading out. Thank you!
terrafractyl
Fractal Wiggler

Post by terrafractyl »

Thanks NV, Payment was sent yesteday
:party:
'People forget that the brain is the biggest erogenous zone' -- Jackie Treehorn
Latest Album-=-Hypnagog Soundcloud-=-Kinematic Records Website
executiveBlaster
Veteran Wiggler

Post by executiveBlaster »

payment sent! woot
NV
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by NV »

I've sent the first shipment out today, which included all of the currently paid USA orders and all of the orders from Australia. For the USA orders your package should be there sometime next week. For Australian orders expect your package, er, eventually I guess. All of the Australian orders have been individually bagged and placed in one box which is heading to Very Angry Mobster, who will then be shipping them out to the respective individuals. The package was sent via First Class mail to save everyone some cash, which was a huge pain in the ass so if it doesn't get there in a timely fashion I will personally doorbell ditch the postmaster general.

Also note that PayPal has been giving me all sorts of drama, so if you received a shipping notice from PayPal but aren't marked on the list then it's the result of some sort of shipping bug PayPal is dealing with. Consider the list at the beginning of the thread to be just a tad more reliable than PayPal at the moment.

Once the remaining orders come in for the European shipment I will send that box out. For the remaining international orders please send your payments my way so everyone can get their stuff. Thank you!
roglok
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by roglok »

c'mon europeans - move some dough! :hyper:
nectar
Learning to Wiggle

Post by nectar »

Payment was sent yesterday...
Last edited by nectar on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
logicgate
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by logicgate »

Payment sent, NV!

thanx a lot for this
black_spiral
Learning to Wiggle

Post by black_spiral »

Shipment arrived today. Thanks! :tu:
Junk Rhythm
Big Bottom Shaker

Post by Junk Rhythm »

The Wiha 30580 M8 Slotted Spanner Nut Driver listed earlier in this thread does not fit the nuts for these jacks. It's huge compared to the jacks. The tip is wide enough to clear the jack hole but the tip is way to thick to fit in the slots.
NV
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by NV »

Junk Rhythm wrote:The Wiha 30580 M8 Slotted Spanner Nut Driver listed earlier in this thread does not fit the nuts for these jacks. It's huge compared to the jacks. The tip is wide enough to clear the jack hole but the tip is way to thick to fit in the slots.
That's a huge bummer - I'll edit the OP to reflect that. If you have a Dremel or metal file you may be able to shape the teeth of the driver down to fit the nut, which is what I've tried with a piece of sheet metal to make a sort of ghetto driver.

Return to “Music Tech DIY”