uTune Midi channel router?

Support and discussion of Tubbutec products.

Moderators: Kent, tubbutec

Helloitsmeagainagain
Learning to Wiggle

uTune Midi channel router?

Post by Helloitsmeagainagain » Mon May 03, 2021 12:49 am

Hi,
I read the manual but I don’t think this is possible with uTune. Maybe it could be implemented?
Is there a midi channel router in uTune, besides the normal port routing? I would like to have midi coming in in the DIN socket, and coming out in the midi out DIN, but I would like midi channel 1 and 2 to pass thru the midi unchanged (without retuning), and midi channel 3 to be retuned inside uTune and pass also to the DIN output. I have a synth with internal tuning tables that does not need retuning midi, and then through its midi thru port goes to another monophonic synth that needs to receive microtonal midi (note+pirchbend data).
Can this be possible with the uTune, or be implemented?
Thanks.

tubbutec
Veteran Wiggler

Re: uTune Midi channel router?

Post by tubbutec » Mon May 03, 2021 8:06 am

Currently not possible. I noted this as a possible feature, but it would require a lot of (UI) work, not sure if this will become a thing.
I guess a dedicated midi processor may be the better choice here.

Helloitsmeagainagain
Learning to Wiggle

Re: uTune Midi channel router?

Post by Helloitsmeagainagain » Mon May 03, 2021 11:50 am

Thank you much for your reply.
I understand. An idea would be a secondary router menu where one would enter into a link between din in and out and decide the midi channels that pass through, and whether they get a u (retuned) or not, like in the primary router menu. Just an idea. Thanks!

Return to “Tubbutec”