MIDI Interface Recommendations and more questions..

Support and discussion of Tubbutec products.

Moderators: Kent, tubbutec

kowato12
1-Post Wiggler

MIDI Interface Recommendations and more questions..

Post by kowato12 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:39 pm

Hey everyone!

I'm looking to purchase the Tubbutec mod for my Juno-60 (and Korg MonoPoly), as I've been swayed by all the additional features that come available with it.

Does anyone have any good recommendations on a MIDI interface I could purchase? I own 3 synths that have MIDI capabilities, Juno 60, Korg MonoPoly, and Prophet 5 (will get Tubbutec mods for the first 2). This is my first step into the MIDI world really. I've been recording strictly audio signals from all my synthesizers for a while, and I figured I could benefit from the preciseness of MIDI with my DAW.

Also, would installing the Tubbutec mod allow me to send MIDI notes from my DAW MIDI track, and have the audio play back and record into an audio track in my DAW? Noob question, no doubt. Just wanted clarification. Id love to have the Juno sequencing/playing live, while I experiment/play with another synth/instrument of mine.

Finally, for those experienced with using MIDI with their synthesizers.....is it worth it? Do you really end up using MIDI a lot vs audio strictly?
Thanks ahead of time!

Best,
Tom

dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: MIDI Interface Recommendations and more questions..

Post by dubonaire » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:48 pm

I use an iConnectivity mio 10 which has now been replaced by the mio XL. Works perfectly and is easy to configure routing through a software app.

https://www.iconnectivity.com/midi-interfaces-1

Connecting your synths by midi has no impact on the audio signal path so you just keep doing what you are already doing for audio.

Midi and audio are not really interchangeable. Midi is just a set of standardized instruction codes that play an instrument rather than you playing it by its keyboard and panel controls, and can keep things in time. Midi does not contain musical information, it just contains information about which notes are played and when, how parameters are controlled and timing information. So in a simplified way, you can use the exact same information to control different synths and different sounds will come out. My synths are modules, so I have to play them with midi, either from a sequencer or from a midi keyboard.

ericmonroe
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ericmonroe » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:28 am

Would be better to create unique software with https://mlsdev.com/services/ui-ux-design for your idea. When you hire a custom software development company, you need to understand your project requirements clearly and outline each one in a step-by-step manner. The development process includes requirement analysis, modeling, web design, wireframe, and Android integration testing. The testing team checks the functionality, user interface, and functionality testing. Once the app is ready to be launched, the next step is to create an app store that carries your app's application name as well as description. The creation of the app store is handled by the app developers.
Last edited by ericmonroe on Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just enjoy my life, people, and you.

wavejockey
Wiggling with Experience

Post by wavejockey » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:19 am

since i only have 2 hands and more (than 2) synths (and my playing technique is not that of concert pianist) yes, i use MIDI a lot

i use the YELLO advice : "record audio from your synts as the last step in the tracking/recording process"

Return to “Tubbutec”