Introducing ADDAC405 VC Relabi Generator

New Interfaces for Analog Synthesizers.

Moderators: Kent, __ag

Raymond
Common Wiggler

Re: Introducing ADDAC405 VC Relabi Generator

Post by Raymond » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:22 am

Can someone who has the module can make a video or some other sound demos of it ? The concept appears really interesting but hard to get.
Links to the music -->
https://linktr.ee/soundofraymond

Hari Seldon
Common Wiggler

Post by Hari Seldon » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:40 am

+1 on that.
Would love to see a bit more, especially some simple patches or 'scope visuals.

I make similar clock patches with lfos and comparators, but I would like know what the 405 actually puts out and what happens when you tweak it etc. I suspect this could be a lovely module for me.

aragorn23
Wiggling with Experience

Post by aragorn23 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:49 am

Another +1 to this. I really feel like a Divkid or Chris Meyer style overview would work wonders here!

Triscus
Common Wiggler

Post by Triscus » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:29 am

I have the module for about 2 weeks or so, unfortunately I'm not able to make a DivKid style video, sorry but I can give a short textual review:

The essay of John Berndt is quite philosophical I was confused about it at first, but, to my understanding, the realisation of ADDAC is actually quiet simple: There are 4 bipolar sine LFO mixed together and two thresholds can be set. There are gates generated when the thresholds are crossed, but the direction in which the crossing occurs is taken into account. So each threshold is able to generate two gates when the relabi wave is crossing from above or below. So it's a comparator in combination with a slope detector which is fed by the 4 mixed LFO.

The 4 LFOs can be switched on or off individually, can be locked to the frequency of LFO 1 and the frequencies of LFO 1 and 2 can be modulated as well as the thresholds and the gate length. One can feed external CV /LFO instead of using the internal LFO1 and there is an output of the mixed LFOs (the Relabi Wave) and a trigger output which puts out a trigger each time a gate is generated. Its also possible to pause and reset the Relabi wave.

It's really a compact complex modulation source. With a couple of modules and some logic one could yield the same result, but it would need some patching and much more HP.

One thing I missed was the function of the 'Gain' control. I assumed this controls how much the LFO influences the Relabi wave but it apparently doesn't do anything. I already wrote ADDAC about this as I think I missed something.

Hari Seldon
Common Wiggler

Post by Hari Seldon » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:54 pm

Triscus wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:29 am
I have the module for about 2 weeks or so, unfortunately I'm not able to make a DivKid style video, sorry but I can give a short textual review:

The essay of John Berndt is quite philosophical I was confused about it at first, but, to my understanding, the realisation of ADDAC is actually quiet simple: There are 4 bipolar sine LFO mixed together and two thresholds can be set. There are gates generated when the thresholds are crossed, but the direction in which the crossing occurs is taken into account. So each threshold is able to generate two gates when the relabi wave is crossing from above or below. So it's a comparator in combination with a slope detector which is fed by the 4 mixed LFO.

The 4 LFOs can be switched on or off individually, can be locked to the frequency of LFO 1 and the frequencies of LFO 1 and 2 can be modulated as well as the thresholds and the gate length. One can feed external CV /LFO instead of using the internal LFO1 and there is an output of the mixed LFOs (the Relabi Wave) and a trigger output which puts out a trigger each time a gate is generated. Its also possible to pause and reset the Relabi wave.

It's really a compact complex modulation source. With a couple of modules and some logic one could yield the same result, but it would need some patching and much more HP.

One thing I missed was the function of the 'Gain' control. I assumed this controls how much the LFO influences the Relabi wave but it apparently doesn't do anything. I already wrote ADDAC about this as I think I missed something.
Thanks! Much appreciated!

What does the Relabi wave output? Is that just 4 sine waves mixed together? Or is it possible to get more chaotic results?

And, 'pausing' the wave means sample and 'hold' it?

Triscus
Common Wiggler

Post by Triscus » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:30 pm

Hari Seldon wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:54 pm
Triscus wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:29 am
I have the module for about 2 weeks or so, ...
Thanks! Much appreciated!

What does the Relabi wave output? Is that just 4 sine waves mixed together? Or is it possible to get more chaotic results?

And, 'pausing' the wave means sample and 'hold' it?
The Relabi wave is 'just' the 4 Sine waves mixed together. But of course you can use a more complex signal instead of the LFO1 and go crazy with it

Yes, I think pausing can be seen as a sample and hold, it just pauses the generator.

Raymond
Common Wiggler

Post by Raymond » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:16 am

Yes came back to look at this thread. Thanks for the precise description!
Links to the music -->
https://linktr.ee/soundofraymond

Return to “ADDAC System”