Ableton Live 11 Announced

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Ableton Live 11 Announced

Post by dubonaire » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:03 pm

I honk both those answers pretty much say it all. I also think the routing in Live is very intuitive and flexible, and the UI for inserts is the best as well. The session view is very suited to dance music production where you might make small changes to a set of bars, its very quick to move between those changes without having to move around a lot of stuff like you need to do in DAWS that just use a linear arrangement view.

I'm doing some stuff with strings in Kontakt at the moment, and I find Logic a better DAW for that.

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:50 am

ever since upgrading to 11, the “reduced latency while monitoring” is working absolutely terrible for me. anyone else have this issue?
(recording live inputs from drum machines, synths, mics ect. and routing through external reverb return track)

if i leave it engaged, the timing of all of the live input tracks are out of sync, like my beat sounds wonky and non groovy. this never happened in live 10 or 9 for me. If i turn it off, i can record the beat in sync with itself but its everything has a good 400 ms of latency

to clarify, this is with delay compensation on as well, previously i would leave both of these on and everything was perfect in sync always and no latency, and this happens in 128ms buffer size the same as 512 so this issue isnt related to buffer size as far as i can tell

naturligfunktion
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by naturligfunktion » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:42 am

Man I forgot to take their offer on 20 % discount, upgrading from 9 to 10, and then get 11. Now Im stuck with 9.

I kinda love 9 though, so Im gonna see for how long I can run with it. For sure, the new samples, effects and instruments looks really cool, but I mostly use ableton to capture audio, so I think I will manage
Uplifting music suitable for sunny days and relaxing afternoons:

Bandcamp

jonne74
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by jonne74 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:36 pm

Just watched Elphnt's video on the pack with sequencers inspired by nature. The Bouncy Notes sequencer with scale turned on looks incredibly fun. You can restrict it even more for quick random melodies.

behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:20 am

jonne74 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:36 pm
Just watched Elphnt's video on the pack with sequencers inspired by nature. The Bouncy Notes sequencer with scale turned on looks incredibly fun. You can restrict it even more for quick random melodies.
thanks for that! wasn't even aware of those. the Bouncing Ball and the Emitter granular look amazingly fun.

first play around with random movement linked clips and the Spectral Resonantor -

was trying to try out some of what Ned Rush was doing with his MPE Drums Spectral good stuff and got distracted.
music, noise, in progress silliness - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:54 am

trying the bouncing ball sequencer with EssenceFM then also Vector -

music, noise, in progress silliness - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

JES
Ultra Wiggler

Post by JES » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:06 pm

nectarios wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:47 pm

PDC still not sorted...I mean...its 2021 Ableton...sort it out...
Noticed this too. I also find when playing into the audible latency is higher than other programs. Wish they would fix that too. But lots of other improvements.
"Now, I'm off to hook my cat's litterbox up to an envelope follower." --Aragorn23

Macro/micro
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Macro/micro » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:10 am

Just updated and I was surprised by how much worse the performance is — crashing and cranking CPU on single instances of basic 3rd party plugins that were no problem on 10. Checking the Ableton subreddit, seems like others are having issues and Ableton is aware and working on it. Pretty disappointing first impression though...

nectarios
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by nectarios » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:47 am

JES wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:06 pm
nectarios wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:47 pm

PDC still not sorted...I mean...its 2021 Ableton...sort it out...
Noticed this too. I also find when playing into the audible latency is higher than other programs. Wish they would fix that too. But lots of other improvements.
I use a UAD Apollo and before that I was using an analogue desk to monitor my synths as Ableton is a heavy CPU software and I need to have the buffer size at 2048.

I am on Live 11.0.2 and I also get the CPU spikes that cause a split glitch, which for the studio is not an issue... but if I was playing out, Live 11 would simply be a no go.
Hopefully they will sort it out before gigs start (so lots of time) and hopefully they will sort out an Apple Silicon native version cause Ableton is very CPU taxing compared to other DAWs.

naturligfunktion
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by naturligfunktion » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:36 am

Has they fixed the CPU spikes at this moment? Thinking about finally upgrading from 9 to 11...
Uplifting music suitable for sunny days and relaxing afternoons:

Bandcamp

oisin
Veteran Wiggler

Post by oisin » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:52 am

to all y'all experiencing crashes / bugs - please report them to ableton - in my experience they really deal with these problems (and rely on feedback from users to fix them!)

Return to “Music Software”