Mutable Instruments Blades

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Spectra
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Mutable Instruments Blades

Post by Spectra »

I have one question about Blades that I can't find the answer to.

I'm going to use it as a stereo filter. Do the CV jacks for channel 1 connect internally to channel 2 if nothing is connected to the CV of channel 2? In other words, can I use one CV jack to control both filters or do I need to mult the same CV to both channel 1 and 2?
starthief
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by starthief »

Spectra wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:27 am Do the CV jacks for channel 1 connect internally to channel 2 if nothing is connected to the CV of channel 2?
Mostly no, but the green button in the middle makes channel 2's frequency track along with channel 1. (And then the CV for channel 2 frequency controls the difference/spread).
Spectra
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Spectra »

starthief wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:00 am
Spectra wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:27 am Do the CV jacks for channel 1 connect internally to channel 2 if nothing is connected to the CV of channel 2?
Mostly no, but the green button in the middle makes channel 2's frequency track along with channel 1. (And then the CV for channel 2 frequency controls the difference/spread).
Nice. Good to know. Thank you.

One last question. Since I'm using this primarily as a stereo filter, what happens at the stereo output jacks when the routing mode is changed from parallel to serial? Maybe only sound gets output from Ch2 and the mixed main mono out?
starthief
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by starthief »

I posted above about how the routing knob works.

If you have audio input 2 patched, the Routing knob does not affect outputs 1 and 2. It just crossfades the Main output between channel 1 and channel 2.

If you leave input 2 unpatched, the input of channel 2 crossfades between the input of channel 1 (parallel) and the output of channel 1 (serial).
Spectra
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Spectra »

starthief wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:33 am I posted above about how the routing knob works.

If you have audio input 2 patched, the Routing knob does not affect outputs 1 and 2. It just crossfades the Main output between channel 1 and channel 2.

If you leave input 2 unpatched, the input of channel 2 crossfades between the input of channel 1 (parallel) and the output of channel 1 (serial).
Perfect. This is how I want it to work. Thank you. :tu:
Polarflux
Common Wiggler

Post by Polarflux »

Anybody have any idea when this dang filter is going available in stores again? Is this another victim of chip shortages?
Reality is whatever refuses to go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K. Dick
studioutopia
Veteran Wiggler

Post by studioutopia »

Polarflux wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:19 pm Anybody have any idea when this dang filter is going available in stores again? Is this another victim of chip shortages?
Moog Audio has them in stock...
https://moogaudio.com/collections/all/p ... nts-blades
Polarflux
Common Wiggler

Post by Polarflux »

studioutopia wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:37 pm
Polarflux wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:19 pm Anybody have any idea when this dang filter is going available in stores again? Is this another victim of chip shortages?
Moog Audio has them in stock...
https://moogaudio.com/collections/all/p ... nts-blades
They’re in Canada and don’t appear to ship to the US. Being in Alaska this kills me.
Reality is whatever refuses to go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K. Dick
technomania
Wiggling with Experience

Post by technomania »

Fairly certain they are no longer being produced, whatever is being shipped out to dealers is it.
DMR
Veteran Wiggler

Post by DMR »

technomania wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:11 am
Fairly certain they are no longer being produced, whatever is being shipped out to dealers is it.
That would seem strange to me, this was only released a year ago and I don't think that many were shipped due to component shortages. Mutable doesn't list the module as discontinued, either.
studioutopia
Veteran Wiggler

Post by studioutopia »

technomania wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:11 am
Unless you have new information, Emilie said around 11 months ago that production of the current line would continue after Beads.
As well - I'm pretty sure I've read another interview with her recently confirming that she is only stopping development, not manufacturing.
tDPCPZJs-xqkCKNFK18oGAr4M70JMCyV1Ziu6Vn4kiA.jpg
And if you're referring to just Blades - why would she stop production of Blades? It's obviously a money maker, I wouldn't sell mine for double the retail price. I am sure a lot of owners would agree. It's flawless.
MARK27
Veteran Wiggler

Post by MARK27 »

I also seem to remember something about the next batch of Blades not being until Q1-Q2 2022.
MARK27
Veteran Wiggler

Post by MARK27 »

I just double-checked. The last batch of Blades was supposed to into production at the very end of 2021. I have a feeling we will be seeing a new batch soon.
technomania
Wiggling with Experience

Post by technomania »

Last i read In September, “Discontinued” was the word used. Guess will see!
Kosmikos
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Kosmikos »

From Pichenettes, Aug 21, on the Mutable forums:
The IC thing + de-prioritization of its production compared to the rest of the product line because it is too labor-intensive.

The next batch is made at the end of the year, already sold out to dealers. From my point of view I don’t know which fraction of these modules will be sent to fulfil backorders, or will show up for purchase on dealers’ websites.
I found only one website in UK that lists it as due in January. Out of stock everywhere else. That doesn’t sound too encouraging.
They do ship to the US though, so you could take your chance, or contact them to make sure they will get some:
https://www.dv247.com/en_GB/GBP/Mutable ... 007754-000
Scatre
Common Wiggler

Post by Scatre »

Kosmikos wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:50 am From Pichenettes, Aug 21, on the Mutable forums:
The IC thing + de-prioritization of its production compared to the rest of the product line because it is too labor-intensive.

The next batch is made at the end of the year, already sold out to dealers. From my point of view I don’t know which fraction of these modules will be sent to fulfil backorders, or will show up for purchase on dealers’ websites.
I found only one website in UK that lists it as due in January. Out of stock everywhere else. That doesn’t sound too encouraging.
They do ship to the US though, so you could take your chance, or contact them to make sure they will get some:
https://www.dv247.com/en_GB/GBP/Mutable ... 007754-000
https://moogaudio.com/products/mutable- ... nts-blades

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”