Qu-Bit Nebulae v2

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

mosaiclive
Common Wiggler

Re: Qu-Bit Nebulae v2

Post by mosaiclive »

Thanks for the info and example, it's helpful to hear this kind of stuff as I try and decide. There's just SO much more Morphagene tutorials and demos that it makes it kind of hard to fully compare them.
JES
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by JES »

Hi all—I am experimenting with this thing as a live looper but I am trying to figure out a few things:

1. Is there a way to go instantly from record to overdub mode? That way if there’s a held note at the end of the phase it won’t cut off immediately.

2. Is there a way to have it in a continuously looping record, and to set the length of the record? I’m thinking of the functionality of the Chase Bliss Mood or Gamechanger (I hate that name) Plus pedal.

TIA.
"Now, I'm off to hook my cat's litterbox up to an envelope follower." --Aragorn23
pisrecords
Common Wiggler

Post by pisrecords »

hello crew. i broke the microSD card on my nebulaev2 . some one can share yours microsd files , to add to a new micro sd card in my module ? thanks .

ADMIN in latin eurorack group . https://www.facebook.com/groups/906628619403191/

sorry 4 my poor English words.
pisrecords
Common Wiggler

Post by pisrecords »

my nebulae v2 dont boot , is allways in white led. i found my micro sd broken . any idea for solution? thanks a lot .

ADMIN in latin eurorack group . https://www.facebook.com/groups/906628619403191/

JES
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Re:

Post by JES »

airfrankenstein wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:18 pm
solaris wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:14 pm pitch-shifting + time-stretching sound good but I'm having a hard time live-sampling rhythmic stuff and keeping it synchronized.
I just received my nebulae v2 which I plan to use for live sampling but as it stands I’m
Unable to record anything. I went through the manual tried clearing the buffer first by pressing file and reset, turned bien to middle or fully clockwise then hit record...the leds up top go red but I can’t hear my input signal. What am I doing wrong ?
Hi there. I'm having a similar problem. Record goes fine for a few seconds, then sound cuts out and the module freezes up.
"Now, I'm off to hook my cat's litterbox up to an envelope follower." --Aragorn23
Fedor
Common Wiggler

Post by Fedor »

pisrecords wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:45 pm hello crew. i broke the microSD card on my nebulaev2 . some one can share yours microsd files , to add to a new micro sd card in my module ? thanks .
You need to install Nebulae's firmware on a new microSD card.
Here's a program for to do it: https://www.balena.io/etcher/
And this is the firmware: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4kehph5p0sc4 ... 2.zip?dl=0
thetechnobear
Wiggling with Experience

Post by thetechnobear »

@fedor - is this a ‘fresh factory’ image , as supplied by QuBit?

If so I’ll download as I’d find it handy for testing !

Cheers
Mark
Fedor
Common Wiggler

Post by Fedor »

Hey Mark, I don't how how fresh is it today, but yeah, its official. Back in August last year I wanted to clear all the non-factory files and instruments, so QuBit gave me these instructions.
pisrecords
Common Wiggler

Post by pisrecords »

Fedor wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:41 am
pisrecords wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:45 pm hello crew. i broke the microSD card on my nebulaev2 . some one can share yours microsd files , to add to a new micro sd card in my module ? thanks .
You need to install Nebulae's firmware on a new microSD card.
Here's a program for to do it: https://www.balena.io/etcher/
And this is the firmware: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4kehph5p0sc4 ... 2.zip?dl=0
thank you very very much !
its works . you save my module and my day . thanks again . :hail: :hail: :yay: :yay:

Junk
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Junk »

Hey I'm considering buying a Nebulae v1 (because of tight budget) but all the info i find online is about v2.

Can someone summarize the differences between v1 and v2 for me?
Fedor
Common Wiggler

Post by Fedor »

@Junk, most importantly v1 has no audio inputs, thus no recording, only MONO playback. Check this out: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/qu-bit-electronix-nebulae
Junk
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Junk »

No audio input is a pretty big game changer for me... thanks for spelling that out clearly for me.
ersatzplanet
Synthwerks Design

Post by ersatzplanet »

Junk wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:15 am No audio input is a pretty big game changer for me... thanks for spelling that out clearly for me.
The other main difference is the Nebulae 1 had MIDI input and a MIDI DIN jack on the front. Also the CV in has a lag (glide) knob not on the v2. The v1 also has a "Drive" control that overdrives the output to add distortion.

The v2 has some other added features that are very useful - it has a gate out at the end of the loop (called "Pulse") and the Speed and Pitch knobs can be pushed as buttons and will reset those parameters to the loop's native settings.

I have both and they are different enough to keep one of the older ones I had when I got the two newer ones. Sometime it is just easier to run in mono, though the stereo outs can be useful by thinking of them as dual mono instead - drum loop on left, bass loop on right, things like that. I also posted a video a while back using the left channel for a drum loop and the right channel playing a "beep" track driving a sequencer through a gate converter on an envelope follower module. Things like that are of course impossible on a mono module.
-James

James Husted - Synthwerks, LLC - www.synthwerks.com - info@synthwerks.com - james@synthwerks.com
Synthwerks is a proud member of the Mostly Modular Trade Association (http://www.mostlymodular.com).
Always looking to trade for Doepfer P6 cases
Chaklack
Common Wiggler

Post by Chaklack »

So - forgive me for not wanting to read through 54 pages in advance. I'm not understanding something about my newly purchase Nebulae V2.

It seems like every file, no matter the length and no matter where the knobs are, the file/sample only plays for a certain length and a certain speed. Sometimes at random lengths as well.

The pitch knob has an effect but I might be missing something as it's not behaving as I would expect.

aka (a 15 second file won't ever play for 15 seconds. It is totally unpatched.)
scragz
Ultra Wiggler

Post by scragz »

Chaklack wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:31 am It seems like every file, no matter the length and no matter where the knobs are, the file/sample only plays for a certain length and a certain speed. Sometimes at random lengths as well.
You have the blend knob fully to the right? Blend in center is dry, left is phase vocoder where only a few knobs work, right is the granular sampler where the magic happens. Just making sure as that is the first thing to get out of the way.
Chaklack
Common Wiggler

Post by Chaklack »

scragz wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:35 am
Chaklack wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:31 am It seems like every file, no matter the length and no matter where the knobs are, the file/sample only plays for a certain length and a certain speed. Sometimes at random lengths as well.
You have the blend knob fully to the right? Blend in center is dry, left is phase vocoder where only a few knobs work, right is the granular sampler where the magic happens. Just making sure as that is the first thing to get out of the way.

Yeah. It's all the way to the right. Size as well. Overlap too. Density all the way left. Window left. Start is to the left.
scragz
Ultra Wiggler

Post by scragz »

Put density and overlap to the middle. Density is rate of grain generation so all the way left is basically off. Overlap is grain length so all the way right is long grains.
Chaklack
Common Wiggler

Post by Chaklack »

Maybe i'm mis-understanding the use of the module - can it not function like a "paul-stretch" like device? For like one-shot loops etc.?

Thanks in advance!
scragz
Ultra Wiggler

Post by scragz »

It can do some stuff like that but it needs to break the sample up into grains to be able to stretch time out without changing pitch. You control the generation of the grains with those two controls. Start in the middle and then move both to the right until the gaps between grains are covered, tweak to taste.
Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos »

I think you want size in the center when recording. I actually haven’t used mine in a long time (I unracked it to make room for something else), but I remember when I first got it I was having trouble because recording would stop before I told it to.
JES
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by JES »

Chaklack wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:15 pm Maybe i'm mis-understanding the use of the module - can it not function like a "paul-stretch" like device? For like one-shot loops etc.?

Thanks in advance!
It can also do that in phase vocoder mode, where you don’t have to worry about number of grains.
airfrankenstein
Veteran Wiggler

Post by airfrankenstein »

mosaiclive wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:52 pm I'm trying to decide between this and a Morphagene. I'm not looking for any specific features or functions. I don't make any specific genre of music and I don't play live gigs. I just wanted to add something 'interesting' to my rack and these caught my attention. Also, I have a piano and some other instruments around so the idea of sampling/messing with outside sounds also sounds fun.

My question is, after reading through many pages of this thread I can't tell if Nebulae v2 is going to be enough of a plug and play module for me. I see so much talk of firmware issues, programing, etc and I just want to put a module in and mess around when I get time. I don't have tons of time to do much tweaking of code etc. so would you guys recommend the Nebulae to someone like me? Is it easy enough to just start using or is it something I'd need to expect to spend a lot of additional time on the computer etc. messing with? Honestly, I got a little lost with all the technical talk in this thread and it got me worried that maybe it wasn't right for me!

try it, you'll like it. it doesn't take long to get things happening - just go into it knowing that you're neither going to learn nor use every function the first time around. Reading about machines in the abstract can be overwhelming if you're not technically minded ( and perhaps even if you are). If you buy one you can always sell it pretty easily or send it back quickly. You don't have to fuck with the code at all.
pisrecords
Common Wiggler

Post by pisrecords »

When you buy nebulae new from the factory it is configured plug and play.
if u export nebulaes recordings to a daw ( i use protools ) , this files sounds exelent .

airfrankenstein
Veteran Wiggler

I'm looking into buying a V1 as well, but the seller has informed me of a bug where the RECALL doesn't work : do any V1 owners know anything about that ?

Junk wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:48 am Hey I'm considering buying a Nebulae v1 (because of tight budget) but all the info i find online is about v2.

Can someone summarize the differences between v1 and v2 for me?
airfrankenstein
Veteran Wiggler

please delete

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”