XOR electronics NerdSEQ - eurorack tracker/sampler

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience

Re: XOR electronics NerdSEQ - eurorack tracker/sampler

Post by firestARTer » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:30 am

skylab001 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:16 am
I am trying to understand something about the FX Columns. I'm a bit stuck in the Elektron mindset where you put a lock on step one, it only locks a parameter for step one, and the locked parameter then returns to its original programmed state for every other step. So lets use probability for my example, in the NerdSEQ what I'm finding is that if I put probability of 50% on step one, then every following step will inherit that probability of 50% until I place a probability of 100% on a following step. If you turn on FX then you must always have a step where it turns off or resets to default? Is that correct?
Yes that is totally correct. Many parameters work like a knob which you turn into a position until you turn it back again.
NerdSEQ - one of the most advanced Eurorack Sequencers
https://www.xor-electronics.com

depaffect
Common Wiggler

Post by depaffect » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:39 am

Yep that's right!

Thankfully there is a Reset Track FX option on the Nerd menu in case you've accidentally left an FX at a value you don't want.

Also on the setup menu there is "Reset FX On Seq Stop" option which can be useful.

And you can see what these FX are set to by pressing the Patch button

edit : oops took too long - jinx firestarter :)

skylab001
Common Wiggler

Post by skylab001 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:26 am

firestARTer wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:30 am
Yes that is totally correct. Many parameters work like a knob which you turn into a position until you turn it back again.
Thanks for the clarification. Thinking of them as knobs makes sense. Does a Patch function the same, just acting as a bunch of knobs on a single step?

firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience

Post by firestARTer » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:50 am

skylab001 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:26 am
firestARTer wrote:
Thanks for the clarification. Thinking of them as knobs makes sense. Does a Patch function the same, just acting as a bunch of knobs on a single step?
Yep 👍🏼

kriskeyman
Common Wiggler

Post by kriskeyman » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:41 pm

If both trigger & cv expanders are installed, is it possible to ‘link’ TR1 & CV1 on the expanders, so that TR1 automatically sends a trigger out for a new note in a CV expander pattern? Similar to how CV & trig are linked on the local outputs?

OHEXOH
Veteran Wiggler

Post by OHEXOH » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:53 pm

kriskeyman wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:41 pm
If both trigger & cv expanders are installed, is it possible to ‘link’ TR1 & CV1 on the expanders, so that TR1 automatically sends a trigger out for a new note in a CV expander pattern? Similar to how CV & trig are linked on the local outputs?
Not that I’m aware of. I’ll be honest, the expanders are a little funky and don’t integrate as well as you might hope.
Gear for sale (Reverb): https://bit.ly/2Sb90oc

firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience

Post by firestARTer » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:04 am

kriskeyman wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:41 pm
Trigger adn CV expanders got to be used on diffferent tracks and can only be combined like this. However, with the CV16 you can also fire envelopes and a note + envelope something you can do from one track. Or use the local trigger output together with a CV.

natrixgli
Learning to Wiggle

Post by natrixgli » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:40 am

firestARTer wrote:
Might be kind of interesting if there was a setting in the setup menu where you could configure this behavior so that FX would snap back to the previous value after the duration of the step. I'm sure it's not that easy since in order for that to happen the original value would need to be temporarily stored so it can be reverted after each step where FX are applied.

firestARTer
Wiggling with Experience

Post by firestARTer » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:26 am

natrixgli wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:40 am
firestARTer wrote:
Might be kind of interesting if there was a setting in the setup menu where you could configure this behavior so that FX would snap back to the previous value after the duration of the step. I'm sure it's not that easy since in order for that to happen the original value would need to be temporarily stored so it can be reverted after each step where FX are applied.
It is nothing I will ever do. And just practically it makes not really sense since you really don't want to fill in a fx value 64 times per pattern just to keep that value. Not to mention that the fx field can't be used for anything else then.

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:20 am

Just came here to say that the new i2c expander is going to be fantastic! Is there an ETA on these?
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”