Search found 338 matches

by transistorresistor
Thu May 06, 2021 2:04 pm
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: Is it a good idea to leave your rack on for days at a time?
Replies: 27
Views: 723

Re: Is it a good idea to leave your rack on for days at a time?

stop thinking about this. Most six figure recording consoles in commercial studios are only turned off to service, they are always on. This is fairly common accepted practice. Component failure is generally likely to happen during a power on but part of the logic above is about keeping caps under vo...
by transistorresistor
Wed May 05, 2021 8:14 pm
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: New! Toppobrillo "Mini Mix" discussion and interest check.
Replies: 74
Views: 2724

Re: New! Toppobrillo "Mini Mix" discussion and interest check.

toppobrillo wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 6:46 pm
transistorresistor wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 2:32 pm
bumping this back to the first page so more people see it, I want one of these badly.
me too! I just finished a pretty epic move, getting set up in the new workspace, hope to order these protos in the next week or so. been stacking parts!
do work! :cflag:
by transistorresistor
Wed May 05, 2021 8:12 pm
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: I fried my Doepfer Spring Reverb module. Need help.
Replies: 10
Views: 281

Re: I fried my Doepfer Spring Reverb module. Need help.

mouser, digikey or newark in the US. doepfer has an online parts store as well.
by transistorresistor
Wed May 05, 2021 5:14 pm
Forum: Modular Synth General Discussion
Topic: Simple Analog vs Slightly More Complex for a rookie
Replies: 28
Views: 510

Re: Simple Analog vs Slightly More Complex for a rookie

When you say low end vibe, what do you mean by that? Does mean like better for bass sounds? Also what is considered less precise? the bass response of the a113 in comparison is to me, richer. someone else might call it smearier. TSL works in my patches as a much cleaner sound. This may be exactly w...
by transistorresistor
Wed May 05, 2021 3:45 pm
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: Tip of cable snapped off inside module
Replies: 26
Views: 900

Re: Tip of cable snapped off inside module

only additional thing Id add here is that I had an old malekko module and the jacks were *very* tight which might explain the cable breaking. Try the superglue for sure, but with so few connections to the front panel Id just remove the front panel to better asses the situation. In order to desolder ...
by transistorresistor
Wed May 05, 2021 1:19 pm
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: I fried my Doepfer Spring Reverb module. Need help.
Replies: 10
Views: 281

Re: I fried my Doepfer Spring Reverb module. Need help.

if you did in fact break the module for sure it can be fixed. There are only two chips in there and they are typically socketed, you can just get two new ones and see if shotgunning it like that solves your issue.
by transistorresistor
Wed May 05, 2021 12:19 pm
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: After Later Audio Tilt (x2) instead of Maths?
Replies: 7
Views: 265

Re: After Later Audio Tilt (x2) instead of Maths?

Agawell wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 12:12 pm
how does compare2 cover Maths territory - it's a dual logic module - not a dual function generator?
in conjunction w a contour 1.
by transistorresistor
Wed May 05, 2021 12:20 am
Forum: Modular Synth General Discussion
Topic: Simple Analog vs Slightly More Complex for a rookie
Replies: 28
Views: 510

Re: Simple Analog vs Slightly More Complex for a rookie

TSL is packed full of features and is a great oscillator. I find the tone of it to be very refined and polite though, and next to a plaits I would personally prefer something that has a low end vibe more like the doepfer a111-3. the size to feature set ratio of the TSL is impossible to debate, modul...
by transistorresistor
Tue May 04, 2021 11:36 pm
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: Hardware reverb unit advice needed
Replies: 39
Views: 1354

Re: Hardware reverb unit advice needed

Wilshire wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:18 pm
Stue wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:33 am
Eventide SPACE for me, too
Does yours have physically scratch knobs, that sound like they're scraping the sides when you turn them?
reseat the knobs on the pot shaft.
by transistorresistor
Tue May 04, 2021 10:15 pm
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: Tip of cable snapped off inside module
Replies: 26
Views: 900

Re: Tip of cable snapped off inside module

if the jack isnt on the edge of the board, just remove all the knobs and mounting hardware, take off the front panel and if the layout is open enough you should be able to get a small needle nose in there to get the broken piece off. Just be careful because if you need Malekko to fix it, good fuckin...
by transistorresistor
Tue May 04, 2021 4:10 pm
Forum: Synth Drone
Topic: Best Drone VCO
Replies: 15
Views: 409

Re: Best Drone VCO

This one from Pittsburgh Modular has various on board waveshapers. You can modulate the timbres of the waveforms with independent CV’s, mix them, and get a steady frequency complex drone with constantly moving harmonics. https://pittsburghmodular.com/lifeforms-primary-oscillator this thread is one ...
by transistorresistor
Tue May 04, 2021 3:14 pm
Forum: Music Tech DIY
Topic: Capacitor discharge large difference...ESR?
Replies: 40
Views: 548

Re: Capacitor discharge large difference...ESR?

Im hesitant to contribute to this discussion because I dont have any experience with the specific surface mount caps being discussed, however, in my experience both refurbishing vintage audio compressors and manufacturing new audio compressors, whenever I change the dielectric material in a timing c...
by transistorresistor
Tue May 04, 2021 2:32 pm
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: New! Toppobrillo "Mini Mix" discussion and interest check.
Replies: 74
Views: 2724

Re: New! Toppobrillo "Mini Mix" discussion and interest check.

bumping this back to the first page so more people see it, I want one of these badly.
by transistorresistor
Tue May 04, 2021 2:18 pm
Forum: Modular Synth General Discussion
Topic: Steiner Synthasystem Filter Modification
Replies: 4
Views: 81

Re: Steiner Synthasystem Filter Modification

tip top version has seprate jacks for the inputs.
by transistorresistor
Mon May 03, 2021 11:57 pm
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: Line level into Ableton from +12 to +18
Replies: 3
Views: 117

Re: Line level into Ableton from +12 to +18

your gain staging is off somewhere, unless the output module is broken the issue is going to be further down the line. Line level is line level.
by transistorresistor
Mon May 03, 2021 11:04 am
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: Another beginner looking for advice. Generative.
Replies: 20
Views: 678

Re: Another beginner looking for advice. Generative.

not installing the alt firmware in stages is almost like not shifting your car out of second gear. DL a wav file, plug a cable into the usb on the module, play the file w your speakers off, finished. The added utility to stages is amazing, highly recommend, dont be intimidated by the process its sup...
by transistorresistor
Mon May 03, 2021 10:10 am
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: Options for octave switching
Replies: 15
Views: 500

Re: Options for octave switching

klavis cal trans gives you the addition bonus of tuning as well.
by transistorresistor
Mon May 03, 2021 2:10 am
Forum: Modular Synth General Discussion
Topic: Simple Analog vs Slightly More Complex for a rookie
Replies: 28
Views: 510

Re: Simple Analog vs Slightly More Complex for a rookie

I wouldnt even frame it as an educational process, even though unquestionably it will be. Analog oscillator will be entirely complimentary to what you have now. Plaits was my first eurorack module, totally got me hooked and I still have it in the rack and use it often but view it much more like a mu...
by transistorresistor
Sat May 01, 2021 2:14 am
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: Post pics of your euro setup!
Replies: 15042
Views: 2897794

Re: Current but evolving rig, pretty cables

What am I missing? Perhaps the part where in 2021 its entirely realistic to have an amazing sounding analogue oscillator that doesnt require constant tuning? You certainly dont have to accept drift in order to make a cool sound today in the way that you surely had to do in 1970. Also, probably the ...
by transistorresistor
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:32 pm
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: What are you using for mixing oscillators?
Replies: 47
Views: 1310

Re: What are you using for mixing oscillators?

I have found mix 3 and dtm to be pretty complimentary to each other. The ring mod in the subring demos sounds really nice...
by transistorresistor
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:00 pm
Forum: Modular Synth General Discussion
Topic: Dirty pots!!!
Replies: 4
Views: 230

Re: Dirty pots!!!

all parts have a life. If the problem you are having in fact is the pot, if you exercise it back and forth for a minute and the problem doesnt clear itself the best practice is replacement. Shit wears out. The only reason in my world for sprays like deoxit is when you are in the middle of a session ...
by transistorresistor
Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:15 pm
Forum: Music Tech DIY
Topic: Why no one made a VCA module with 6AS6/5963 tubes
Replies: 13
Views: 396

Re: Why no one made a VCA module with 6AS6/5963 tubes

Another thing about tubes, and this bugs me to no end: Tubes do not inherently distort any more than transistors do. In fact, you have to work really hard to design a transistor circuit to amplify a signal as cleanly as a well-designed tube circuit. All this "tube crunchiness" you hear about is whe...
by transistorresistor
Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:45 pm
Forum: Music Tech DIY
Topic: Why no one made a VCA module with 6AS6/5963 tubes
Replies: 13
Views: 396

Re: Why no one made a VCA module with 6AS6/5963 tubes

Klangbau run a smaller tube also on low voltage and it can get pretty gnarly i don't know if i would want them to run hotter tbh consider my suggestion that you are not quite looking at this in the correct frame- this isnt really a question of "hotter" so much as it is a discussion on operating win...
by transistorresistor
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:46 pm
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: What Was/Is Your Modular Budget?
Replies: 99
Views: 2736

Re: What Was/Is Your Modular Budget?

I've settled into what ought to be a big enough system for me--12U x 168 HP with an outboard 48 HP pod for external input processing + a few pedals. The system isn't complete yet, but I'm slowly getting there and having a blast. this is a nice jam dude. money well spent. https://youtu.be/j4_r_0qYTzs
by transistorresistor
Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:32 pm
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: Frap Tools Seminars for USA
Replies: 9
Views: 280

Re: Frap Tools Seminars for USA

Its hard to imagine the logic behind any company organizing the resources to deeply demonstrate their wares and then prohibiting the vehicle upon which that effort can be used to market said wares, in perpetuity, for free? Would be very nice to watch these seminars if they ever posted them.

Go to advanced search